Ireland politics (Part 1)

Is this a limerick only phenomenon or do politicans in other counties go and stand near things they are complaining about for photo opps as well?
Niall Collins is a great man for it too, there’d often be a picture of him pointing at a pot hole or looking concerned at a bad junction or something. Hopefully the most recent incident of him being caught on camera will shut him up for a while.

Think that’s a nationwide phenomenon.

You always get local politicians in local papers pictured at, as you say, potholes, dangerous bends/junctions (we want traffic calming measures!), a random field which is being developed, a disused building where there is anti-social behaviour etc etc.

Minister O Donovan loves to wave the hands when he’s talking. Only noticed it recently. It’s most distracting.

Or at a vineyard in Italy

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21642948

Where do you start with this one.

@Bandage put up a tweet Sean Kelly posted after the vote, all happy with enjoyable journey he had.

2 Likes

there’s nothing wrong with having your picture taken in a way that demonstrates your connection with a subject. I have just uploaded my latest instagram picture, its me standing in a field with cattle. We are all in a sort of group.I have my hands on their shoulders in a friendly way. Like a team photograph before a county final. It shows we are equal and they are my friends and that I am a Vegan. That I am to be respected for the stand I am taking

18 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

All that’s missing is Daisy smoking a cigarette !

The replies to Kelly’s tweet are tremendous. He gets absolutely battered. Serves the self important retard right.

1 Like

hes having the last laugh, those burgers are about 20 quid, and were all paying.

1 Like

Which one of you fuckers posted this tweet? This has the fingerprints of a TFK poster all over it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kelly’s tweet and Billy Kelleher’s statement about not being present for the vote have shown me that these lads treat being an MEP like a second year Arts student in UCD. They’re like a student who needs to come home to mammy down the country on Thursday nights for a long weekend because they’ve no lectures on Fridays. Boys going on about their 2.5 hour bus journey from Strasbourg to Frankfurt to make sure they caught a flight and had time for a burger.

7 Likes

if you did a Venn diagram of her CV and the Job spec it would look something like this.

10 Likes

It’s hard to comprehend the total lack of self awareness. It’s like his account was hacked or he is trolling some vegan friendly environmentally conscious group who care about asylum seekers.

2 Likes

:grin::grin::grin:

:rofl: jesus christ

And working class hero daly? Oh yeah i forgot you’re woke now

Has she given a statement about not voting? I saw Kelleher’s, but nothing from her. Are you expecting me to make a statement for her or something?