Ireland should join the common wealth

Arent you American?

Why would republicans want to be be part of a commonwealth? Doing it to placate the prods doesn’t really cut the mustard, mate. You either have a political stance or you don’t - We’re republicans but we want to stay part of the imperial empire that doffs its cap to a monarch - that would have a rather hallow ring to it, don’t you think?

5 Likes

Why are South Africa apart of it?

I wouldn’t be rushing to take political advice from the South Africans. They’ve had one or two dodgy policy decisions over the years.

1 Like

A bit of punctuation required Tim

1 Like

Ooofffftttt

4 Likes

And Ireland has been clean sailing yeah?

It baffles me that armchair Republicans are so resolute against something which might bridge the gap a bit with Unionists.

Clean sailing isn’t an expression, mate.

4 Likes

Sweet response, enjoy supporting your sectarian British soccer team this weekend :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Hard luck on the conversation. Pick an easier topic for yourself next time.

Picking out typos as you’re stumped. As I said, enjoy your garrison game played by your British team this weekend. :+1:t2:

Oh it was a typo! Of course it was.

Weak even for you.

Back to British Telecom Sports for you to watch your beloved British soccer team. :+1:

I hate when the pseudo intellectual hard nosed revisionist types betray their soft feelings and get all emotive in debates. 3 unprompted and irrelevant mentions of a Celtic match in 3 posts on a debate about something else. I believe seething is the TFK parlance to describe Tim here.

10 Likes

Oooooft

3 Likes

Sure we’re pretty much beits as it is ffs

Why was he because he got the republic

Did he not object to it and caused a civil war because he didn’t want any part of Ireland to be in the common-wealth?