Ireland U17 girls team WC 2010

[quote=“Bandage, post: 515396”]
First goal was a freekick from the left wing that was floated all the way into the net. Commentator credited her with spotting the keeper off her line. :lol:

Second goal was Ghana overplaying it at the back and an attempted risky pass was blocked and the loose ball was hammered home emphatically into the roof of the net. Very good strike actually.

Killeen down the left wing looks like a smashing player.

Our keeper made a great save just after they missed a penalty; she looks a bit like Paddy Kenny.

Commentator just said, ‘All the green ribbons in the Irish players’ hair are done by Stacie Donnelly - she’s an apprentice hairdresser.’ :lol:
[/quote] :lol: The commentator is really getting into this now,according to him we would play Japan should we top the group and Spain if we finish second…Japan please.These girls are actually a top 5 global side it seems and could very well reach a WC final which would be a huge achievement considering our tiny population!

Ghana pinned us back for the last 5 minutes; another good save by Moloney before we cleared a header from a corner off the line. The suspended Noel King is looking on nervously from the stand.

Wexford town’s Rianna Jarrett has been sprung from the bench. :clap:

Nice commentary: ‘Rianna Jarrett has played some of her club football in Northern Ireland with North End’.

North End are a Wexford town club.

Oh what a strike by Gilroy! 3-0 and we march into the quarter finals.

What a fucking strike! :clap:

Young Hansberry of none other than Strand Celtic on now!

I hope Harriett Scott’s knock isn’t too serious.

Great stuff by Ireland, who qualify as group winners.

Not sure what the etiquette of watching Under 17 Womens’/Girls’ football with no trousers on is but I was comfortable and now I’m off to bed.

To confirm we top the group ahead of Brazil and will play Japan in the Quarters!

10 minutes to kick-off.

Stream available on RTE website and on fifa.com, as well as live TV coverage on Eurosport 2.

It looks like an unchanged Irish XI.

Myself and watchyourtoes are on the Girls in Green at 11/4.

'Mon the Ireland.

I’m having serious trouble finding the correct threads tonight. Just resurrected an utterly pointless thread without knowing this one was here.

The winners play North Korea :unsure:

Didn’t realise they let women leave the country. We could be good odds to win this thing out.

I threw my winnings from the Ulster game on them here. Good enough start by them.

After the Katie Taylor fight this is some anti-climax. The standard is fairly poor and reminds me of watching a Division 5 game in the Wexford Junior League.

[quote=“Bandage, post: 515407”]
10 minutes to kick-off.

Stream available on RTE website and on fifa.com, as well as live TV coverage on Eurosport 2.

It looks like an unchanged Irish XI.

Myself and watchyourtoes are on the Girls in Green at 11/4.

'Mon the Ireland.
[/quote]I have Ireland backed with Spain who have already obliged from earlier,i did singles and a double so i will be up some bit either way,hon Ireland! :popcorn:

Scenes of Pearl harbor here as the Japs are all over us at the minute,we could do with Ben Affleck here… :unsure:

You’re boasting about gambling in an U17 girls world cup? Holy Jaysus :blink:

That said, I’ve Ireland backed here at 12/5

I thought the standard was pretty good. It is the Ireland U-17 Girls team after all, what do you expect?!!

[quote=“Mac, post: 515414”]
You’re boasting about gambling in an U17 girls world cup? Holy Jaysus :blink:

That said, I’ve Ireland backed here at 12/5
[/quote] :rolleyes: Money is money,profit is profit.Sit down sir!