Ireland V Andorra

We need to realise that passing the ball around isnā€™t unambitious. Got a little bit panicked when things werenā€™t going great and forced far too many passes with the back four trying to play lads in when there were easier balls on.

Lovely little move there with the Celts combining well for a great goal.

Go on Robbie.

:clap:

Brilliant passing there for that goal superbly finished by Keane, fair fooks. Thatā€™s what we wanna see

Thatā€™s 44 now-good finish.

Just cos heā€™s scored a rake a goals doesnā€™t mean I should automatically like him does it. Maybe itā€™s not shown on TV but Iā€™ve been to a load of the games and heā€™s often a lazy, cowardly and whiney individual and I just find that frustrating to watch in a player. Keep scoring goals by all means but I just donā€™t like him.

44 goals now for Robbie Keane and he is still only 30.

Our best ever striker without a shadow of a doubt, and one of our best ever players.

To Robbie.

:pint:

The general ball control has been letting them down. How many times has Ronnie mentioned the ball getting lost under feet or getting away from themā€¦

[quote=ā€œPikeman, post: 513275ā€]

Just cos heā€™s scored a rake a goals doesnā€™t mean I should automatically like him does it. [/quote]

Would you rather he didnt play and we were shite?

I really donā€™t agree that heā€™s lazy. He works an awful lot harder than most strikers, shows for the ball incessantly and puts the defenders under pressure when they have it.

Heā€™s a cracking player and thereā€™s fuck all reason for people not to like him that I can see. But a fair chunk of the media and a fair chunk of the soccer watching populace seem to have a dislike for him. Beats me.

:clap:

You can see that Robbie is buzzing out there tonight. After 12 years and 43 goals, and he still is closing down opposition strikers and genuinely looks like he is delighted to be captaining his country.

Compare that to the likes of Rooney, or most money driven retiring at 30 internationals.

The man is a legend.

Jaysus this referee is a disgrace.

Ah here, ref, for fuckā€™s sake.

Iā€™d rather he didnā€™t play and someone else had his amount of goals alright :stuck_out_tongue:
Problem is we donā€™t have many choices for strikers over the years. As a main striker heā€™s bound to get a good rake of goals, heā€™s eclipsed what is to be expected alright. Fair dues to him but I donā€™t like him as a player is all.

Doyle played for that. He actually was using the old gaelic football trick of grabbing your mans arm and pulling him on top of you.

Ok Iā€™ll take Whiney and cowardly then

Andoraā€™s version of Stephen Ireland coming on, Javier Andora. At least he turned up I suppose.

I wonder how his grannies are.

Jesus christ McGeady actually gets worse every game I see him play, he would be out muscles by a newborn baby and he has overran at least 10 balls tonight.

Thought he was excellent in the first half but looks to have tired completely.

Yeah heā€™s all out of energy now. Sure his first game of the season was the Armenia one at the weekend.

Donā€™t forget his role in the second goal too though.