Ireland v Finland & Greece

That was positive stuff. First half wasn’t very inspiring but Ireland were marginally the better side before the disastrous goal concession. Great response to turn that around & win given the context of the team lacking confidence & on a terrible run. The second half was front foot, aggressive & full of purpose. Players actually well drilled & seemingly knowing their jobs - cohesive in possession & a good defensive shape. It also looks like the manager has made decisive calls on a few players after all the criticism about delegating to Sheasy. Scales & Brady the standouts for me & Festy with a fantastic cameo.

13 Likes

Tony O’D is an absolute fucking wanker - “was it as big a moment as Lille?”

Brady to his credit gave a gravelly “yeah”

13 Likes

It’s gas how much better he is at interviews than Kenny who’d be pausing and stammering away.

3 Likes

Before @thedancingbaby time but Scales would remind you of a young Paul McGrath.

Before @thedancingbaby time but Festy would remind you of a young Didier Agathe.

3 Likes

He’s been impressive in every interview I’ve seen

1 Like

Savage win for our boys

I winced when he asked that. Yeah Tony. Scoring a winner in a Nations League game is comparable to scoring a goal to beat Italy and advance to the knockout stages at a major tournament🙄

4 Likes

Were playing with 9 or 10 men for a long time, don’t turn back now.

Spock will look back and rue letting himself be bigdogged in different ways but chiefly by Doc. Semus in other ways but the team hasn’t carried a threat down the right in 5 years.

2 Likes

Cunt, “a victory at last” he says to the new man in charge.

1 Like

Had the balls to finally drop Doherty aswell.

2 Likes

That’s an RTE thing of a certain generation, you don’t see it anywhere else. We should enjoy it as we won’t see it any more. How could a 30 year plus veteran be that bewildered, he doesn’t like soccer and never did. God bless him and I don’t mind him but it’s some charmed life. Imagine having the stones to attack O’Neill and Trap and come out with that type of question. If it was in England, they’d think he had dementia.

2 Likes

Nathan Murphy reckons its the first time since 2012 we’ve come from behind to win a competitive away game.

Heimir has us purring!

2 Likes

That’s about 300 points difference in the leaving cc@Aertel220

Needs to be put out to pasture

1 Like

“Hermirs at the wheel, at the wheel. Heimirs at the wheel”

1 Like

I haven’t felt that good since Archie Gemmill scored against Holland in 1978.

1 Like

It’s lovely to see the soccer fans so giddy. It’s been ages :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A win over Finland in the nations league pool stages is not to be sniffed at

Heimir would’ve needed well in excess of 500 points to obtain a place on a dentistry course here. I can only assume that Finland’s much vaunted education system is even more competitive. He’d do a much better French or Irish oral than Spock anyway.

Edit: I was so bewildered that I briefly forgot he was Icelandic😂 Time for sleep.

2 Likes

1 Like