Ireland v France ☘

What was the quip? He was reading analysis here I assume was he?

I love how Kenny said we won’t just suddenly change tack because world class opposition are coming. It makes it sound like we have a coherent plan that’s working in the first place.

Noble sentiment. Absolute fucking stupidity though.

1 Like

Ken Earlys piece in the paper of record today noted that Argentina adapted their approach for different games in the World Cup

Not for Spock though

2 Likes

Vacation from what? Petrol bombing?

He also said we’re as comfortable as any team in Europe in possession. It appears likely that he doesn’t watch much football.

2 Likes

It’s a pity that France don’t have a windy cunt like Paul Labile Pogba starting tonight that we could target. Rabiot would have been regarded as windy but he was very good at the recent World Cup. With all the focus on Mbappe and to a lesser extent Griezmann I can see Kolo Muani being completely overlooked and causing consternation with his pace.

I was astonished to read that we haven’t lost a home European championship qualifier in 13 years. Presumably that 3-2 defeat to the Russians in 2010.

It was when the news broke of Spock’s England-Ireland pre-match motivational speech & video & how Alan Kelly left the set up because of the up the ra overtones & then Duff walked as he got huffy about the whole thing becoming an issue. I said it was folly of Spock to use that rhetoric & he should have showed the squad a clip of Simon Coveney’s impressive interview on The Andrew Marr Show, if he wanted to stir the passions. I don’t think Gav posts/reads here but some randomer screenshotted my post & put it on Twitter & Gav saw it, took it at face value & did a few tweets ridiculing it.

4 Likes

Spock is going to do it

1 Like

2-2

Troy the boy doesn’t make the 23!

We can afford to leave the likes of Omobamidele, Obafemi and Smallbone on the bench. Squad isn’t as bad as people say.

Seamus is going to lock down Mbappe while the lads in the middle school have no trouble with that Carthorse Giroud

Theres some atmosphere around Dublin 4.

That’s the best team we can put out there. I have a glimmer of hope for us.

We’ve put out as much legs as we have in midfield. The Doc at LWB up against the wildcard Kolo Muani will be interesting.

Losing the ball in theirbhalf so they can destroy us

I’m happy as long as we play the right way and the Irish journalist cabal are vindicated when Spock turns the ship around

Big night for Daniel McDonnell’s credibility.

1 Like

France with three major sponsors on their warmup kit :see_no_evil:

Think this will be a rout. But we can always hope for a miracle.

Griezmann popping up outside the box tonight could be a danger given how poor we have defended that area, and we will probably be sitting even deeper to mind Mbappe. Cullen will have a lot of work to do.

Hopefully we can get in their faces, fly around and nick a goal from a corner or a Ferguson moment of magic or something.

Ireland Ireland Ireland. I’m going to go for a 1 - 1 draw. Or a demoralising 0 - 4 defeat.