Ireland v France ☘

Post amended

1 Like

I hear this sentiment a fair bit. Why are fellas who sing for the whole match hold up banners etc at games cross channel seen as some sort of legendary figures with people arguing about who has the ‘best fans’ and who chants at the loudest decibel level, yet the fellas who do the exact same thing for Ireland matches are derided as complete gimps?

It’s nothing to do with banners/singing for me. I think they’re gimps because they tried to hound Trap & O’Neill out yet eulogise Spock for playing passing football while we get beaten by Luxembourg & Armenia.

11 Likes

It’s pre match nerves, a violent outlook is allowed before big games, possibly even a good thing

Shoes off for the boys in green

I always thought they seemed to love every manager. I’d say they are league of Irelandy types in general so would be more favourably disposed towards Kenny though. I’d say the most of the ‘great supporters’ of Liverpool, Celtic and United are borderline oddballs too in fairness.

Also meeting in Slattery’s which has refused soccer fans many times in the past, and shut their doors on match days lest a rough element enter their premises, is a sign of just how in touch these lads are with Irish football.

1 Like

Think it’s an auld lad from Pats who does it.

Slatterys must be over run with lads on match days looking to charge their phones to watch YouTube videos.

1 Like

Ah yeah, no argument on your last point. I’ve met a load of eejits at Celtic games (cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy, @Rocko, @thedancingbaby) & look at the Oirish simpletons supporting Liverpool on TFK. Adopting that sarcastic & tedious Ratoath Inn persona because they can’t credibly support those murdering orange bastards in a real way.

But many of the groups behind the singing sections & areas with displays/banners at club level are aligned to political causes &/or charities as well as backing the team home & away. In Crucible Theatre parlance, these folk would be in the knowledgeable category. The YBIG lads come across more as enthusiastic yet clueless types (to me anyway).

2 Likes

It’s a potential banana skin alright

CC @Cheasty

COYBIG

Irwin with the shit throw in that nearly causes a goal?

1 Like

The guilt will cripple France. That and mbappe won’t be that bothered. 1-1.

You noticed that too eh.

Idah doing very well to secure the no 10 shirt there.

Are the Euro 2016 type crowd still around? The lads sitting down singing and all that shite, and helping old ladies across the street?

Loads of French bastards swamping pints outside the Merry Cobler at lunchtime. Probably a decent amount of them be at the match for a Monday night.

1 Like

The French wouldn’t work to warm themselves. Probably on a week long le vacation.

1 Like