Ireland v Switzerland - Euro 2020 Qualifier

+1. His header away to Holland was class. Brilliant goal against Iran in the play-off and was excellent in the tournament itself too.

3 Likes

Careful guys, this is obviously a sell out but a bogus site called ‘Ticketmaster’ still has seats up. Id hate for some of the best fans in the wuddled to be hoodwinked

Walters was giving it big licks about how he stood up to Keane and wasn’t afraid of him etc etc on that inane banter show @Bandage mentioned earlier. He came across as a right cock and I would have been a fan of his in general before that.
Keane is a complete and utter cunt but sure that’s hardly news, and he’s ten times the player Walters could ever hope to be and I’d listen to what he has to say a lot more than Walters.

1 Like

The Crank and Walters

2 Likes

Ah I’m not suggesting he stopped trying. Just think he didn’t actually have great longevity and was a bit of a liability for a couple of seasons. Very effective for a short while but he’s remembered more fondly than I think his lasting contribution deserves.

His opinions annoyed me then and they continue to annoy me. Not supporting what Keane said at all but the fact his commendable interviews on grief etc were so well received means that his other opinions get more airtime than might otherwise have been the case.

1 Like

Keane is obsessed with being seen as his idea of the bigger man. Of course this can completely contradict depending on the situation he is in. He accused Walters and Arter as being somewhat inferior to him due to them not training for three days in a row. They are not proper men. Roy of course didn’t actually PLAY in the second leg against Iran in 2001 due to an agreement with his club that he wouldn’t. What would the current day Roy make of a player or a man behind such an arrangement? Probably fuck him out of it. Indeed - like Mick McCarthy did to him in Saipan after serious provocation? But Roy was right in that situation, he was accused of feigning injury which was an insult to him - as a man.

You couldn’t make it up. Yet we keep coming back for more.

1 Like

It changes everytime. This year in Seville it was a binman who destroyed him.

Can anyone of the Scottish Cup buffs on this site give us the occupations of the Clyde FC team on that day ?

1 Like

No surprises there. Probably best we switch to a 352 in the next while with the players available

That team has very little goal scoring or goal creating threat.
Need a goal from a set piece

Many project players?

Coleman still with everton? Mcclean west brom? Cant name any other clubs there. I am not a best fan in the wuddled.

He’s remembered for two things in that match - a tackle he could have at least got a yellow card for and been on a tightrope for the rest of the match and his role in the build up to the goal.

I don’t remember him being a huge force otherwise. The Dutch dominated and we rode our luck in a big way.

The Portugal game at Lansdowne Road was by far his stand out performance in his Eire career.

He had a few big games away to the likes of Cyprus and Iceland but that was the only time he properly imposed himself on a big team.

Croatia 1998 was probably his next best performance.

2 Likes

A 1-1 draw tonight I reckon.

1 Like

A lot of camera-loving mascots tonight.

Sounds like a decent atmosphere.

Shane Duffy anytime goalscorer @ 7/1 is my bet for the night

Need to tighten up in midfield. Doing an awful lot of running back towards our own goals.

The midfield is 20 yards too high. They’ll score soon on a counter

McLean has made a few important interventions already.