Ireland Verus Italy - 10/11/09

[quote=“Rocko”]Unbelievable: we’re drawing 1-1 at half time against the world champions in a game where a point gets us a playoff spot for the world cup finals and Dunphy is waffling on about the problem is that Andy Reid isn’t playing.

Has that eejit no concept of how they’d walk it around Reid if he was in the middle of the park and how Zambrotta or Grosso would tear past him all game if he was on the wing? Clown.[/quote]

you shouldnt take anything he says on face value- he isnt there for serious analysis - he is entertainment

Have ye an equivalent clown on RAI?

I can see why Trapp opted for Lawrence ahead of Hunt, he might not be as quick or cover as much ground but is much tidier on the ball and has held onto it well…McGeady looks lively but his final ball has been poor again

Let off there from the set piece

Shit header there from O’Shea. Interesting tactic to have McGeady on set pieces with his left foot.

Grosso is a class act…

anyone any idea why kevin doyle wasnt playing tonight?

:slight_smile:

Same reason di natale isn’t playing either

I must say i have been very disappointed with De Rossi for italy, has been poor on the ball and poor in the tackle…expected more from him

Rowlands for Whelan. Good man Martin*

*whoever the fuck you are.

Pirlo is pure excellence in the middle of the park for them. Palombo has been poor, agreed on De Rossi - good player but playing quite average.

Is Pipo Inzaghi still involved with the national side, NCC?

Gilardino on now, always liked the cut of his jib, can be lazy but a srious finsiher

:slight_smile:
thinly veiled " football is my fourth favourite sport i dont really have a clue about it" post by pukey :thumbsup:

[quote=“north county corncrake”]:slight_smile:
thinly veiled " football is my fourth favourite sport i dont really have a clue about it" post by pukey :thumbsup:[/quote]

Why, would you consider De Rossi’s performance this evening as good…i have seen him play a few times and been fairly impressed by him but tonight he has been poor…

football is about space puke & what the man does off the ball- in that regard he has been sublime- also i mentioned earlier about players reactiing to the 4 reference points ive talked about a few pages back & he has played those 4 reference points brilliantly

surprised keane was booked there for a bad foul on pirlo

[quote=“north county corncrake”]football is about space puke & what the man does off the ball- in that regard he has been sublime- also i mentioned earlier about players reactiing to the 4 reference points ive talked about a few pages back & he has played those 4 reference points brilliantly

surprised keane was booked there for a bad foul on pirlo[/quote]

No he hasn’t, stop talking bollocks…Pirlo has been the class midfield player on the pitch, the rest have been average at best

Sean St Legend!!!

Fucking brilliant!!!

Some noise in Croke park

Ah balls to that. Very sloppy to get caught for numbers.

Super finish from Gilardino, poor defending all the same…

fuck[COLOR=“White”]…