Ireland Verus Italy - 10/11/09

There is nobody here football people.

i thought rocko was but i was wrong

yes, as an outsider looking in trap has done a great job - the team is way better than the sums of the parts

:smiley:

The boys are truly a parody at this stage. Fucking priceless. Feel a little sorry for Giles though. Dunphy has a scorned prophet complex and Souness is indisputably a tosser in the Roy Keane mould. But Gilesy. He needs to be in bed.

Here’s the truth of it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fvsg_Ct1cw#t=1m35s

Giles was on Newstalk the other night talking about how Brazil are very good technically, and Italy are good technically too but they’re more defensive and English teams are more powerful. He spent about 10 minutes explaining this to us like it was the first time we’d ever have heard it.

You’re right though, Dunphy is a cantakerous old senile fool, Giles just looks like he’s scared of the bright lights.

set pieces souness sed

i tink he is right

Just back from Roma via bigot park. the place was hoppin tonight congrats to all involved… Liam Lawrence :smiley:

People, no, cunts, take pleasure in having a go at Robbie Keane - Ireland’s record goalscorer. Tards who know fook all won’t realise how good he was tonight. Robbie Keane - outstanding yet again. :clap:

Don’t be coming on here defending that little toerag fuck. He’s a scumbag.

I thought he hardly got a kick of the ball.

Been lot of criticism about Croke Park atmosphere but it was superb last night. Happened to be in schoolboy section in Cusack which I thought was going to be crap but despite odd gobshite attempting Mexican Wave singing throughout and level of noise was pretty incredible. Atmoshphere was good throughout the ground it seemed.
Performance was good but limited but we are limited. Italy were fortunate to get two points over the two games which is one demonstration of how far we have come under Trap.

Given 6 - Thought his distribution was too slow and he could have released players a lot quicker with ball in hand though perhaps he was following out instructions. From first viewing thought he could have done better for second equalisier too
O’Shea 7.5 - Good in tackle and one of his better fullback performances.
Dunne 7 Not too much to do but what he did he did well
St Ledger 7 - Let ball bounce in dangerous situations too often. Defended well enough by and large and great for him to get the goal. Too slow in possession
Kilbane - 7 Slower in possession than Kilbane. Didn’t have much to do defensively. Would like to see Nolan tried out on Wednesday
Lawrnece - 7 Good defensive shift and distribution was decent. Kept hold of possession. Has real big limitiation to his game though where he doesn’t ever look like going by a player and has lack of pace. Allows their defence to tuck in and doesn’t stretch oppossition enough
Whelan - 7 Wonder strike, got tackles in but didn’t do much
Andrews - 5 Far too quiet
McGeady - 7.5 Our most dangerous player. Had beating of fullback and a threat with ball at his feet though he suffered from not getting it enough through no fault of his own. Final ball was bit ambitious at time where he went looking for strikers instead of giving ball to others who were in inferior positions
Keane - 7 Tried to turn them but with little success
Doyle - 6.5 Didn’t look threatening. A little too predictable

Thought Best looked sharp when he came on. I think yellow cards carry through to playoffs so would probably drop Andrews, McGeady to ensure they don’t miss out.

[quote=“tipptops*”]set pieces souness sed

i tink he is right[/quote]

Is dat rite? :clap:

[quote=“Rocko”]Eh not very.

How quickly people forget the magnificent roles Ireland and Andy Reid played in the Cyprus games last campaign.[/quote]

Didn’t think Reid played in either game ?

[quote=“larryduff”]Been lot of criticism about Croke Park atmosphere but it was superb last night. Happened to be in schoolboy section in Cusack which I thought was going to be crap but despite odd gobshite attempting Mexican Wave singing throughout and level of noise was pretty incredible. Atmoshphere was good throughout the ground it seemed.
Performance was good but limited but we are limited. Italy were fortunate to get two points over the two games which is one demonstration of how far we have come under Trap.

Given 6 - Thought his distribution was too slow and he could have released players a lot quicker with ball in hand though perhaps he was following out instructions. From first viewing thought he could have done better for second equalisier too
O’Shea 7.5 - Good in tackle and one of his better fullback performances.
Dunne 7 Not too much to do but what he did he did well
St Ledger 7 - Let ball bounce in dangerous situations too often. Defended well enough by and large and great for him to get the goal. Too slow in possession
Kilbane - 7 Slower in possession than Kilbane. Didn’t have much to do defensively. Would like to see Nolan tried out on Wednesday
Lawrnece - 7 Good defensive shift and distribution was decent. Kept hold of possession. Has real big limitiation to his game though where he doesn’t ever look like going by a player and has lack of pace. Allows their defence to tuck in and doesn’t stretch oppossition enough
Whelan - 7 Wonder strike, got tackles in but didn’t do much
Andrews - 5 Far too quiet
McGeady - 7.5 Our most dangerous player. Had beating of fullback and a threat with ball at his feet though he suffered from not getting it enough through no fault of his own. Final ball was bit ambitious at time where he went looking for strikers instead of giving ball to others who were in inferior positions
Keane - 7 Tried to turn them but with little success
Doyle - 6.5 Didn’t look threatening. A little too predictable

Thought Best looked sharp when he came on. I think yellow cards carry through to playoffs so would probably drop Andrews, McGeady to ensure they don’t miss out.[/quote]

Agreed with that for the most part Larry. Would have Andrews as 4- a complete passenger in the game and Doyle as 5. McG ran well with the ball but lacked support. Best did well when he came on and Hunt made a great impact also.

On Andrews, I struggle to remember him winning a tackle in the game either. He was awful. Whelan was very effective again. Thought he was tidy in possession and I doubt the Italian second goal would have happened if he had remained on the pitch.

For Italy, Chiellini mastered Doyle, Grosso and Pirlo were excellent. Zambrotta was poor I felt and Iaquinta is dog shit. Why wasn’t De Rossi playing?

[quote=“KIB man”]Agreed with that for the most part Larry. Would have Andrews as 4- a complete passenger in the game and Doyle as 5. McG ran well with the ball but lacked support. Best did well when he came on and Hunt made a great impact also.

On Andrews, I struggle to remember him winning a tackle in the game either. He was awful. Whelan was very effective again. Thought he was tidy in possession and I doubt the Italian second goal would have happened if he had remained on the pitch.

For Italy, Chiellini mastered Doyle, Grosso and Pirlo were excellent. Zambrotta was poor I felt and Iaquinta is dog shit. Why wasn’t De Rossi playing?[/quote]

:smiley:
de rossi mastered space beautifully

Great atmosphere in Croker last night alright and for that 1 or 2 minutes after we got our second there was an unbelievable air. Then it got fooked by Gilardino. Andrews should have taken Iaquinta down but it’s all great in hindsight I suppose.

We have some shite central midfield though. Andrew was wojus altogether.
Robbie Keane, failed Inter Milan, Leeds and Liverpool striker, was complete and utter shite again last night. Doyle wasn’t much better. McGeady was our only threat in the first half but then wasn’t interested in the 2nd. Dunne was very good as was Lawrence. I’d agree with Larry about Given-his poorest performance in a while-thought he could have done better with both goals to be honest.

Andrews last night though :smiley: Christ!

Played the home game in the middle of the park.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Great atmosphere in Croker last night alright and for that 1 or 2 minutes after we got our second there was an unbelievable air. Then it got fooked by Gilardino. Andrews should have taken Iaquinta down but it’s all great in hindsight I suppose.

Robbie Keane, failed Inter Milan, Leeds and Liverpool striker, was complete and utter shite again last night. Doyle wasn’t much better. McGeady was our only threat in the first half but then wasn’t interested in the 2nd. Dunne was very good as was Lawrence. I’d agree with Larry about Given-his poorest performance in a while-thought he could have done better with both goals to be honest.

Andrews last night though :smiley: Christ![/quote]

Very harsh.

He has scored 40 goals for Ireland.

Very harshly treated by Benitez at Liverpool. Suffered when Lippi got sacked at Inter and Tardelli ironically took over and turfed him out. Wouldn’t say he failed at Leeds either.

He has had a great career at Tottenham too.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Very harsh.

He has scored 40 goals for Ireland.

Very harshly treated by Benitez at Liverpool. Suffered when Lippi got sacked at Inter and Tardelli ironically took over and turfed him out. Wouldn’t say he failed at Leeds either.

He has had a great career at Tottenham too.[/quote]

Don’t care-he was shite last night-just thought I’d rub it in a bit.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Great atmosphere in Croker last night alright and for that 1 or 2 minutes after we got our second there was an unbelievable air. Then it got fooked by Gilardino. Andrews should have taken Iaquinta down but it’s all great in hindsight I suppose.

Andrews last night though :smiley: Christ![/quote]

Very harsh on Keane there. I’d be a huge critic of him generally but last night I thought he did well and his attitude was excellent.

De Rossi mastered space beautifully :smiley: He wasn’t a feature with or without the ball and made no impact on the game. But as long as he mastered space …:rolleyes:

Still think that Italian side may not be as bad as people are making out. Will be hard to beat as always in the World Cup. Took Spain to penos at the Euros too don’t forget.