Ireland Verus Italy - 10/11/09

[quote=“KIB man”]Very harsh on Keane there. I’d be a huge critic of him generally but last night I thought he did well and his attitude was excellent.

De Rossi mastered space beautifully :rolleyes: He wasn’t a feature with or without the ball and made no impact on the game. But as long as he mastered space …:smiley:

Still think that Italian side may not be as bad as people are making out. Will be hard to beat as always in the World Cup. Took Spain to penos at the Euros too don’t forget.[/quote]

can you not understand- without getting out of 2nd gear Italy got a draw- that is pure brilliance- andrews was his direct opponent & he is been slated here . de rossi is the best player in europe at the moment(obviously exluding zlatan & totti but they are on a different planet)

Keane does that shit of backing his arse into a lad when he should be contesting a header and when he goes for a header he will PURPOSELY jump early so as not to win it and the balls goes over his head for the defender behind him to take it easy. A lot of the time when the ball is played to him he’ll run behind, always expecting the defender to miss it. Sounds ridiculous but that is what he does. He was good last night at chasing down but did nothing else.

But he has scored 40 goals for Ireland and is exempt from criticism.

Oh Yeah and Pirlo last night :smiley: - what a player

try not too focus too much on the player- focus on how lippi used the regista to such good effect - would love to see Italy reverting back to the trequaterista

Thought it was Joey O Brien and Carsley with Liam Miller coming on.

[quote=“Pikeman”]Keane does that shit of backing his arse into a lad when he should be contesting a header and when he goes for a header he will PURPOSELY jump early so as not to win it and the balls goes over his head for the defender behind him to take it easy. A lot of the time when the ball is played to him he’ll run behind, always expecting the defender to miss it. Sounds ridiculous but that is what he does. He was good last night at chasing down but did nothing else.

But he has scored 40 goals for Ireland and is exempt from criticism.[/quote]

The little fucker has been at that for years now, someone needs to tell him he is playing against International centre halves and not under 12`s, these players are not honna miss a simple header like that

Nope, O’Brien played the “Carsley” role.

I thought Robbie Keane was excellent last night and was the main reason for the team’s strong start. His control, touch and lay offs were excellent and he gave the centre back a torrid time and won several free kicks, which allowed the team to get a foothold in the game and play in their half. I thought his workrate was first class and he brought the wide players into the game throughout. But clearly, he jumped funny and put his arms out so he’s shit. :smiley:

http://www.statbunker.com/football/btb/index.php?PL=match&MatchID=35032

When he made an effort to go for the ball he did well. But more often he would make “Rory Jacob type” runs where he’d play the man rather than the ball. If he got on the ball more he’d be less frustrating. Too often he puts no real effort into challenging. I think to say he gave the centre half a torrid time is a slight exaggeration.

Nah, he was shit alright.
Gave the centre back a torrid time? Fuckin hell-Italian didn’t break a sweat I’d say. Thought Robbie jumped in the usual normal way myself though.

dont waste your time explaining the basics to these amish halfwits- unlike me & you they dont go to games & football isnt their primary sport to follow- their hearts are in the right place but its best to humour them

Keane made Legrottaglie look like a rookie for large parts of the game with his movement and quality, I felt.

Ha ha ha

De rossi is average. A complete passenger in a game when his direct opponents were Whelan, Andrews and Rowlands.

He dominated space tho…

:mad:[quote=“KIB man”]Ha ha ha

De rossi is average. A complete passenger in a game when his direct opponents were Whelan, Andrews and Rowlands.

He dominated space tho…[/quote]

can you not understand the simplest of things- Italy got a draw which they came for playing in 2nd gear - that shows the class of the players

your opinion is worthless -you think gareth barry is a good player

You go to fuck all games, your always on here everytime there’s a game on.:mad:

Spoofer.

Robbie Keane is a no mark.

:thumbsup:

Exposed any time he went to play for a big club.

Mid Table mediocrity all the way.

[quote=“KIB man”]Ha ha ha

He dominated space tho…[/quote]

And he put in a good rugby tackle on McGeady

Moment of the game for me - two world class players in the heat of battle.