Ireland vs Moldova & Wales v Ireland - World Cup Qualifiers 06/10/2017 & 09/10/2017

Yes, if Wales fail to beat Georgia.

Dropping points against Moldova would not affect Eireā€™s standing in the second place league.

@Sidney. I predict at least one other team will only make it to 13 points. A big if I know but IF we also made it to 13 points are we likely to still need to not only beat Wales, but beat them by 3 or 4 goals? I make our goal difference a pathetic +1?

Itā€™s highly likely that another group will produce a team that only finishes on 13 points. That isnā€™t enough due to the goal difference, we realistically need another second placed team to finish on 12 points or lower.

What if we stuffed Wales?

I feel thatā€™s highly unlikely.

But yes, a 5-0 or a 6-0 win in Cardiff would significantly increase the chances of nabbing a play-off spot.

And hey, look on the bright side - if Serbia only take one point from their final two matches, a win over Moldova and a 5-0 win in Cardiff would be enough to win the group*.

*Or a 5-0 win over Moldova and a 1-0 win in Cardiff.

Even with the mess they are in the Austrians should still give the Serbs plenty of it. Canā€™t see them not picking up at least three though sadly. That first game versus the Serbs when they were a much worse team than now is really haunting us

Serbia should have won that first game in Belgrade that finished 2-2.

The Austria home match and the trip to Georgia were the real let downs.

Wales, the cunts, have effectively been one match away from almost certain elimination since the turn of the year but have clung on for grim death.

Had they not got that win over Austria last month they were rightly fucked.

And theyā€™ll be rightly fucked if they donā€™t win in Georgia.

This man will inspire the team . A national treasure .

It doesnā€™t matter if Wales are already out, they donā€™t like us, theyā€™ll be all out to beat us either way. Hope Iā€™m wrong but think weā€™ll beat Moldova 2-0 and Wales will beat us 2-0. Weā€™ve been pathetic the last 4 or 5 games and the injuries will fuck us.

These 2-3 day turnarounds are tough depending on the double header. Wales playing in Georgia on Friday and the travel and humidity* involved should make them ripe for beating on Monday. Iā€™ve a very good feeling that Ireland will win both games.

*Is it humid in Georgia in early October? cc @mickee321.

Fucking cunting cunt of a fucking cunt.

Well Oā€™Neills teams have pulled out big results when needed so I hope youā€™re right, pal. Have a feeling the Serbia and Austria away games were our big results this campaign though and weā€™ve blown it.

@Sidney what results are we looking for tonight ideally?
Monetegro v Denmark - Draw
Germany to stuff NI
And Scotland to beat Slovakia & England to beat Slovenia?

I hadnā€™t realised the final round of group games were staggered. Gives the lads in the third round of games a bit of an unfair advantage in the second place race Iā€™d have thought.

bosnia not beating belgium and greece dropping points in nicosia are highly probably, the latter questionable but greece are shit and cyprus beat bosnia there last month

Would Cyprus be likely to roll over to Greece due to geo-political reasons? Iā€™d suggest this is a strong possibility*.

*Iā€™ve been involved in the financing of infrastructure projects in the region.

Betway make Belgium or draw & Cyprus or draw double 3.77/1

possibly
Bosnia are a really poor team also, like they were brutal in Brazil at the WC, we dispatched them with ease over 2 legs in 2015, really overated side i always thought, spinless fucks like Pjanic and Medunjanin in the middle of the park ā€¦ they were 2 up in nicosia and blew it , as the cypriot team is 100% Greek it is possible they could roll over, Belgium will beat BiH id say allright, i wouldnt back greece to win in nicisosia

lads
i covered it in the DGT but FYI regardless
i dont think a wretched Israel will beat Leictenstein away on friday night

1 Like

Liechenstein +3 at 4/9 +2 13/10

cypriot domestc football is of a decent standard but like israel and Turkey ( but higher quality) its top teams can have a large proportion of players on loan from La Liga or full brazilian journeymen who are plodding Cillian Sheridan esque around europe waiting for a mega payday in china or the Qatar league
AEK larnaca had 8 spaniards i think in cork, APOEL i think only have one cypriot playerā€¦ so the cypruit team really is populated with players all with lesser cypriot or very low quality greek clubs, southern european leagues are all the same, very slow football , playacting, little physicality ā€¦ ergo, Bosnia must be poor to loose thereā€¦ Greeceā€¦ hmmm