Ireland vs Moldova & Wales v Ireland - World Cup Qualifiers 06/10/2017 & 09/10/2017

Any figures on the current English rugby or cricket teams?

There probably are you know.

By god.

Be the holy.

1 Like

Of the 13 on the Irish team who saw action, 10 were Irish (including 2 born in occupied Derry), none were born in Northern Ireland you forelock tugging royalist. So 3 non-Irish born players. Both Clark’s parents were Irish as well so not exactly a plastic.

I’m not sure why you’d deliberately muddy the waters by including the servile Welsh in your comparison? No one gives a fuck about them. They are nothing. Not even a country.

7 Likes

Jaysus.

In total, 106 players born abroad have represented England, of a total of 704 players.

That’s 15% of all English cricket players, ever, that aren’t from England!!!

The English are the most fair minded people you will meet anywhere in the world. The English football public invariably always wish Eire well. Essentially the Eire soccer team is a product of the English football system. All 13 of the Eire players who featured in Cardiff last night play for clubs in England and a few of them were born in England as well. That’s the way it always has been.

On a personal level as an England supporter, I was happy for Eire last night. It really is David v Goliath stuff, no professional domestic league for its players to play in, no soccer stadium to play their home games in and the only 4th seed from Europe still left with a chance of going to the World Cup

2 Likes

Leitrim man.

One for the claim to fame list for ye. Have ye ever had an international?

Clark chose to play for Ireland when he was captain of the England u21s iirc. Clearly sees himself as Irish

Not that I am aware of.

Sure we don’t even have anything near a LOI club.

Quislings like yourself should take credit for this too. A true ambassador for the stereotypical pub talking Mick. They see us as harmless oul divils.

• Graeme Le Saux & Matt Le Tissier
1 Like

If only lads like Clark and Artur - what, with their tenuous Irish ancestry through blood relatives - were half as committed to the Irish cause as true patriots like CJ Stander, Rikard Strauss, Michael Bent and Jared “Jimmy” Payne.

3 Likes

Ooooft

the Oirish are just happy to be there and it gives the country a bit of a lift, everyone is a winner, for England supporters like you and I, The World Cup is a very serious compeition

1 Like

Ouch

Fuckin’ Hell.

Oliver Honeyman?

Any footage knocking about of Brady’s alleged headbutt?