Ireland vs Qatar - Peat v Oil Derby

Parrott could have built a house in the space he had there if Hendrick lifted his fucking head

There have been a few times they have pressed us high and we just needed to clear our lines and rather than doing it have played three or four passes in the corner and then lumped it forward anyway.

Parrott has a lovely touch.

Bazuna far from impressive here truth told.

No, long way to go.

A bit reckless alright.

Is that the third time this half we have been wide open after giving it away cheaply in our own half

I don’t really rate Molumby

Was Duffy the blocker when McClean peeled off for the goal? Some delightful…oh I’ve just lost my footing and am going to fall down in front of you and bring you down too so you can’t track your man…energy there. Up there with the best football of the Kenny reign. The bench celebration suggested the new coach was behind the corner routine.

Are the team “playing for their manager “ ???

1 Like

Nice finish 1-1. Probably fair enough really. We were not as good as the analysts thought in the first half

It has been pedestrian fare but we have shown a bit more urgency. Still a lot of the same old failings over over passing for the sake of it and being wide open at the back at times.

I’m not sure if there is much difference in approach and whether just having a few more direct players like McClean, Horgan and Long has just brought a bit more energy.

Muntari with a leveller as they play through us with ease. They deserve that on the balance of play.

A nice finish but seemed very easy. Mulumby probably could have done more than turning his back on it a bit.

Christie has made some very good runs on the right

2-1 Portugal

I have always liked Christie, he is an honest footballer. Used to get a lot of stick on TFK for some bizarre reason

3 Likes

Wasn’t paying attention at the start of their goal scoring move. How did they get running behind our midfield in space again? Passed through us, picking up a break or us giving it away in our own half?

Christie would be a really great player if he could kick a football.

Passed it through us iirc

Yes, always seems to be available also which is an underrated quality