Ireland vs Spain

Casillas will play against Ireland on his own and win 4-0.

No we are not. If we steal a result against Spain everything changes. Personally I think they will tear us a new one, however.

The Pakistani shop keeper in the spar shop on Thomas st, Dublin 8, said we are going to do it.

I tried, but couldn’t counter his superb logic.

If we play like we did yesterday, Spain will murder us. Fucking murder us.
I sincerely hope not but it’s hard to be optimistic after that.

The stupid, messy concessions last night were reminiscent of the Russian game in Dublin. We’ve played lots of games since then and defending like that is the exception rather than the rule from us. I think we’ll get a kick out of this Ireland side on Thursday night. They’re a great bunch of lads.

It was only nerves last night. That’s all shook out of the system now. I’m confident of us seeing McGeady roasting Arbeloa and a Robbie Keane cartwheel when he gets on the end of a long hoof forward on Thursday night.

outstanding analysis there

Thanks. I was at training in Sopot today and Trap approached me and told me to keep team alignment and tactical talk off the internet in case the Spanish read it so please excuse my banal generalities.

:lol: :clap:

Vincente Del Bosque is a regular guest on TFK and sometimes posts under the moniker of Special Olympiakos (his hatred of the English cricket team is well known), so thats probably a good idea Bandage.

Looks like Walters will start, so aeriel bombardment on the way, which is probably a good idea. Harsh on Doyle, who ran his heart out in fairness to him. Doesn’t seem to be any chance of McClean starting.

If we concede early goals to Spain, at what point will Trap start throwing caution to the wind and realise he has to take risks?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Training team had Kelly in for JOS and Walters in for Doyle.

Two changes I wouldn’t have a problem with.

I am not sure about Kelly. He can be very shaky at times. O’Shea was pretty shite against Croatia but I would prefer him to Kelly any day of the week.

Tony O’Donoghue just said that according to Kevin Doyle game at end of training session was Dubs versus country lads selection and Walters was selected with Dubs. Doesn’t explain why Given, St Ledger or McGeady would be selected with Dubs mind!

I think JOS is badly lacking form. He was initially superb under Trap but faded but in Euros qualifying campaign and looked well off the pace on Sunday.

if the spanish start with a recognised striker and also start Navas on the right we could get an awful trimming…Navas will turn Ward inside
out i fear…

RTE panel calling for Robbie to be rested and play Long and Walters. They maintain the way Trap plays, to get the best from this system and to get at a suspect Ramos and Pique we need to revert to type and press higher up the pitch with the two lads bullying the Spanish defence.

O Shea done nothing but boot the ball up the field Sunday night, wouldn’t mind seeing him replaced either. as for people saying its harsh on Doyle, I wouldn’t agree with that, he’s been shite all year and struggled to play at Wolves, who are also shite and got relegated. You can do all the running you like but at the end of the day he’s a striker, there to score goals and he’s not doing it. As for Robbie Keanes bitching and moaning and heartless running around…

Would start Walters and Long Thursday, maybe even Gibson too, plays that defensive role well at Everton. I know there’s no chance but would love to see McClean start, we need someone to light the tournament up for us and he’s the man. Duff has been a great servent, but he hasn’t the legs anymore. Impact sub at best.

Fearful of a hammering, but I suppose we’re gonna hope for a performance like the one against the French a couple of years ago. Absolutely nothing to lose, just go give them loads and hope for the best.

No point playing Keane against Spain. He can be like Aldridge in 1994 instead and come on.

I’d prefer O’Shea on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. I’d prefer Kelly on the other days.