Ireland vs Spain

C’mon to fcuk,

We’re gonna pull out a big performance on Thursday!

:guns: :pint: :guns:

Rise it!

We are gonna roast the cunts !

2-1 Eire

Dunne and Andrews .

I dunno. Struggling to see a way we can get a result here. Not conceding early is paramount. Maybe if we can get into a rhythm we can frustrate Spain and maybe nick one from a set piece. Or when that doesn’t work we could try some dirt, decapitate a couple of their lads, something like that. Frankly our options are very limited

Just as long as that cunt Busquets gets his in the first 10 minutes, it’ll be as good a start as we can hope for.

It would be truly epic if we got something out of it, as epic as it is unlikely at this point in time. I think they’re capable of a big performance and they’ll be driven as fuck after the disappointment of the other night. It’s a massive ask but you never know. We might get the breaks.

I find it funny that anyone could possibly suggest Keane should be dropped. The treatment he gets from the media and the general public is disgraceful. Our captain, our talisman, our greatest ever goalscorer by a mile. Why does anyone even need reminding of this anymore?

Because he goes missing for large parts of games and his workrate with defensive duties can be suspect. In saying that, he should definitely start with Walters and then bring on subs for both of them when they have run their hearts out in the second half.

This is actually the kind of game that Robbie thrives in, against the best players in the world. He’s a very good chance to score.

Agree with this. Dropping a lad who’s scored over 50 fucking goals, and his last as recently as a couple of months ago…madness. Czech persist with Baros though he hasn’t scored since a game against Lichtenstein in March 2011…

i’d say keane would be first to admit his legs are gone, the mere fact he decided to play his football in america shows that…
and while he has been class for ireland and grabbed great goals,if Ireland are going to play very defensive then its quite reasonable to
want a player upfront who’s going to make runs like doyle did in first half against croatia and win frees like he did if only just to give the rest of the team a breather…i don’t think keane has legs to do that anymore…i’d persist with doyle for this one as Pique is horrendous this last while and di natalie caused him all sorts of problems last sunday with his energetic running all over the place…

Breaking News!

Trap will not be naming his team until tomorrow.

The Spaniards will be sweating.

Not really sure where to put this, so its going here. I hope Bandage and the lads had something to do with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hHGan5YIWg

I remember a similar rendition of that coming from the Australian Grand Prix on a tram a few years back. It’s one of the few songs we all know :lol:

I’m coming round to Kenny Cunningham’s argument that Keane should be dropped. It’s nothing against Ireland’s greatest ever striker but just think the only possibility is to play two fairly mobile front men and press them ‘high up the pitch’, as Kenny loves saying. We need either Long/Doyle up front to press them back with a bit of strength and pace, while Walters can drop into midfield aswell as fulfilling the forward role. Especially against their two centre halves who don’t look in great form. Keane can’t really do either role and we can’t afford to have him on the pitch even if he is our most likely to get a goal. He is absolutely certain to start though so we’ll just have to get on with it. Get the feeling Trap is happy enough to have got this far so isn’t going to go for broke in any way.
Really worried about tomorrow night. :frowning:

We don’t have the players to play a high pressing game. That requires more athleticism than we have, better tactical nous than we have and higher skill levels than we have. We will need to be more compact in defence, something we normally do have with narrow full backs, and we need to press better around our box. We can’t press their defence because it would leave our defensive players horribly exposed and Spain are plenty good enough to just play around us obviously.

Yeah I think most sides in the competition in the world would be bit fearful ahead of playing the Spanish. With relative strength of our squad we have every right to fear a thumping. That said I hope we cause their defence problems and if we stay organised and Spanish miss the chances that come their way who knows. Either way it is great to be back in a major competition. These international tournaments are really great.

I don’t think Kenny is saying to play a ‘high pressing game’ as such, I may have misrepresented him. He was saying that with the attacking game we are playing ie reasonably long balls 20/30 yards up to our front man of which he highlighted a few good ones up to doyle against Croatia we need someone able to get up in support of him. ie another more mobile front man than Robbie. He highlighted the weakness of Ramos and Pique with fellas running in behind them to, which Robbie isn’t going to do in fairness. It really might be an option to take the game to them a little bit more than we normally do initially and bring Robbie on then.
Either way we’re just gonna need every bit of luck to go our way at the very least.

This has been one of the best yet so far, although I remember the same in the last two and they both petered out a bit once sides became more cautious in the knock out stages. This one is very, very even though it seems to me.

I think I might love Killer*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3yg-p2el7o

*purely in a Cassano type way

Not sure about roasting them but I’ve got a feeling for heroics from Dunne (including a goal), and if Andrews gets into the positions he got into on Sunday he should stain the score sheet too.
Gotta stay positive

I fancy us (for no good reason) to score tomorrow. Keeping a clean sheet will be really difficult but that has to be the first aim. Our attacking style wasn’t the biggest problem the other night, it was the hapless defending. If we sort that, and I really believe we can based in recent form, then anything is possible.

The Spanish media have described the Irish team as ‘fragile crystal’ who have lost their identity under Trap.