Irelands greatest ever Statesman -Martin McGuinness

Would it be too much to ask that the blueshirts, west Brits, and Brits stay off this thread? We know how you feel about the NI conflict, but please fuck off to another thread spewing your bile.

I am struck by two sad aspects of the timing of his death.

1. That the Irish electorate couldnā€™t find it in their hearts to elect him as President in 2011, he would have been a tremendous president.

2. That he didnā€™t live to see a United Ireland, which I am convinced we will see within a decade.

RIP Martin McGuinness.

14 Likes

Kate Hopkins is after cutting loose, these British cunts are so blinkered itā€™s unbelievable

1 Like

The Pretend IRA and Real IRA are united today.

6 Likes

:rage:

Katie Hopkinsā€Verified account
@KTHopkins

Follow
More
Iā€™m glad McGuinness is dead. Lauded by the BBC as the Great White Mandela, fawned over by the idiot, Blair. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4335196/Good-riddance-McGuinness-writes-Katie-Hopkins.html#ixzz4byJUd2ii

1 Like

'He didnā€™t go to fight a warā€¦he didnā€™t board an aeroplane and travel thousands of miles to fight in some one elses countryā€¦He fought when the soldiers came to his roadā€¦his townā€¦ his place. Martin Mc Guinness fought backā€¦ there will always be those that fight back. I never had my father or my brother dragged out of my house by the hair being beaten and kicked by thugs in uniform. The war came to themā€¦ Mc Guinness made peaceā€¦ the people saw their strongest warrior compromise and reach out to his enemies with a genuine wish and they followed him and the killings stopped. A great man died today. R. I. P ā€™

29 Likes

Beautifully put Gerry.

The violence in Northern Ireland would have happened without Martin, the peace process would have been impossible without him.

6 Likes

This is only really hitting me nowā€¦I had a real poignant moment a minute agoā€¦ we will never see his likes again.

2 Likes

Youā€™ve been gone too long

1 Like

+1. McGuinnessā€™s courage and conviction in fighting back against the war mongering Brits should rightly be applauded and revered, not just his central role to the peace process.

3 Likes

This.

History and time will show Martin McGuinness to be one the greatest and most influential Irish politicians of any era.

Itā€™s a real pity we didnā€™t vote him in as president

4 Likes

I voted for Martin but I also think Michael D is a great guy.

4 Likes

So do I to be honest

1 Like

If Adams wasnā€™t around he would probably have been president

1 Like

We vote for a new president next year. Perhaps jerry has his eye on the role?

Not sure about that but it may have been a bit soon for sections of the electorate to vote a Sinn Fein candidate in.

I think Mary Lou further down the line would be a shoe in

Adams is a great man too.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if James McClean got involved in politics when heā€™s finished his career

1 Like