Irelands greatest ever Statesman -Martin McGuinness

Gerry milked it he went ott

Shane Duffy revisited his tweet about Martin with Richie Sadlier recently

I donā€™t think people know, if youā€™re not from Derry, obviously people just think automatically that Martin McGuinness is bad but people in Derry know, itā€™s a lot different to people closer to home.

I would do the same thing again, itā€™s just where Iā€™m from. I just didnā€™t think that there would be such a backlash of it.

The 26-year-old refused requests from his employers to take down the tweet.

"The club were on my case - ā€˜Get it down.ā€™ I was like, ā€˜Itā€™s up there now.ā€™ When you put something up for a second, itā€™s up there. I said, ā€˜No. Itā€™s my beliefs.ā€™ The manager was good with me, he was alright."

:clap:

3 Likes

Limerickā€™s Chris Hughton is in the RA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWdLU0a7w6E

Documentary about him on RTE this Wednesday at 9.30pm.

1 Like

Fair dues to the Galliagh man

Heā€™s an utter prick

Documentary on him on rte 1 now

That Patsy Gillespie thing sounds horrendous

Itā€™s well made. A reasonable balance to it

It isnā€™t great tbh . Nothing new there and skimming a bit . Not great on timeline .

Ah i dunno. You would need a 10 part doc to cover his story in detail.

Not quiet but maybe 2 episodes . To be honest the story has been well told at this stage and there is really nothing new here .

Was Tony Blair the most important factor behind the Good Friday Agreement?

Suspected paedophiles like Lord Mountbatten and Bill Clinton are portrayed as the good guys. Thatā€™s how fucked up the recent history of Northern Ireland is.

4 Likes

Bertie Ahernā€™s head looks like an inside out melon these days

Awful. From Wikipedia:

At Gillespieā€™s funeral, Bishop Edward Daly said the IRA and its supporters were ā€œthe complete contradiction of Christianity. They may say they are followers of Christ. Some of them may even still engage in the hypocrisy of coming to church, but their lives and their works proclaim clearly that they follow Satanā€.[13]

Irelandā€™s greatest ever man?

• Martin McGuiness
  • Gerry Adams
  • John Hume

0 voters

That was filmed a good while back . He looks a lot better these times .

McGuinness is an awful hard man to judge. Did some awful things but then some great things and seemed to have genuine warmth and had a very likeable personality