Irelands greatest ever Statesman -Martin McGuinness

Adams is a great man too.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t be surprised if James McClean got involved in politics when heā€™s finished his career

1 Like

The point stands whatever you personally think about Adams.
McGuinnessā€™s campaign was doomed by his association with Adams, Martin is held in much higher regard in the south than the other lad. I spoke with a group of people at work today and this was the concensus to a man.

1 Like

Adams is a great man too.

1 Like

If you asked the same question yesterday would you have got the same response I wonder?

I doubt Gerry was any less or more popular yesterday so Iā€™d say yes.

People will obviously be more sympathetic to someone who has died than someone who is alive

A fuckā€¦ Iā€™m on the verge of crying hereā€¦

Are there any programmes on RTE tonight about him?

Would agree with that. Martin was more straight up.

1 Like

Tebbit is a Sir Jimmy Savile apologist. Heā€™s a repugnant individual.

2 Likes

Martin is at rest knowing that all that has gone before him whether good or bad has been for the greater good of NI.
He will only really be appreciated in his passing which is an utter shame.

Those throwing stones today will only strengthen his legacy & embolden his supporters to continue thriving for a United Island.

4 Likes

Adams is a snake

Youā€™re playing the man not the ball. Sinn Fein on weak ground on this subject anyway. Iā€™d move on if I was you.

Gerry Adams said on the radio this morning people were fully entitled not to forgive and forget.

1 Like

A thoroughly decent sort. The true statesman of the north. Adams and the rest of the sf scum held him back in the presidential election but that office is nearly below him anyway, its a grand harmless position for someone nice and easy going like michael d. Didnā€™t seem to ever covet celebrity, just did what he had to do for his own locality, using violence or politics.

McGuinness would never have felt held back by his republican comrades, free state scum and British tyrants - yes.

1 Like

Is his brother Big Tom McGuinness still the last man from Derry City to play county football?

Yup.

Thatā€™s amazing in fairness. Itā€™s nearly 40 years since he played for Derry