Ireland's health service

you idiot.

1 Like

Typically irish.

Why engage him if he had not got the balls to air his view here???

Fella I have admitted being wrong countless times on here.

It’s just a I disagree with ye sheep alot so it appears I think I am completely right alot if the time. I just have different views and clearly more life experience.

Yes, autism is a disease, a genetic disease. All of the research points to it being due to a very complex set of abnormalities in a variety of genes (at least 65 have been implicated). There are dozens of symptoms of autism, which vary in frequency and intensity, which makes your dismissal of an autism spectrum absolute garbage. If you want to learn something on the subject, research Fragile X syndrome, which is the easiest form of autism to understand and one where only one gene is involved.

Yes, autism is a mental illness, specifically a neurodevelopmental disorder, or more accurately a spectrum of disorders. A lot of mental health professionals shy away from using the terms disease and mental illness due to the stigma associated with the words. Which is nonsense as the words or conditions shouldn’t be stigmatized.

If you don’t believe there is an autism spectrum then you are arguing against all of the research done on the subject that I am aware of. Post up evidence of this “alternative view” that you keep banging on about.

3 Likes

I am aware that that is how you see yourself.

1 Like

A condition is not a mental illness.

And there it is , TFK has officially jumped the shark

goodnight and good luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMGvQ2v-ZRM

Is schizophrenia a mental illness?

Stop dodging and bluffing and post up an opinion by someone credible that there is no such thing as an autism spectrum, preferably someone other than a GP from Ballydehob.

yeah but you come from a very sheltered background and would have very little responsibility financially, i wouldnt go as far as saying your mother serves up your dinner to you every night but you’re typical of that suburban boy who never flew too far from the nest

Fella I have lived more of my adult life out of Ireland than in it.

And I have it easy financially because I played it that way.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4872247/

Here is a top 10. Nearly all from clinical psychologists or psychiatrists

Just a real quick search.

I read no. 7

You’d swear this was anything new.

Ye are complete fucking blinkered morons.

It’s absolutely hilarious

More dodging. Joel Paris is an expert on personality disorders, which I agree are over diagnosed and over treated. However, that has nothing to do with the subject under discussion.

Autism is not a personality disorder. Respond to the question on evidence against a spectrum of autism disorders, admit you are wrong, or fuck off.

Just read a bit of David Coleman or any of those types. I’m not giving out the names of people I work with.

It’s all over the place. Just look.

Classification. “Autism is one of the five pervasive developmental disorders (PDD), which are characterized by widespread abnormalities of social interactions and communication, and severely restricted interests and highly repetitive behavior. These symptoms do not imply sickness, fragility, or emotional disturbance.”

“We hear so much about autism risk factors during pregnancy and delivery. But our kids aren’t born with autism, they develop it later. … At present, autism can’t be reliably diagnosed until around 2 years of age. However, parents often notice signs before then”

“Scientists suspect that a faulty gene or genes might make a person more likely to develop autism when there are also other factors present, such as a chemical imbalance, viruses or chemicals, or a lack of oxygen at birth. In a few cases, autistic behavior is caused by: Rubella (German measles) in the pregnant mother.”

Just some quotes from autistic sources that do not support your assertions.

Anyway.
We are moving away from the fact that I am emphasizing autism is grossly overused and diagnosed term along with many other disorders and the labelling of children is ridiculous at this stage.

I remember not that long ago we were being told that autism had risen because people took loads of drugs in the 90’s.:joy:

Just fucking parent your kids and they will almost all be fine

There is nothing in those comments that contradicts anything I have said, it just confirms your ignorance and also confirms debating with you is futile, as you are unwilling or unable to learn anything. Autism is a spectrum of disorders, it ranges from those that are relatively mildly effected, but still suffer tremendously, to those who cannot speak, cannot have any kind of relationship with anyone, and can never hold down any kind of job. Your trivializing of it is sickening in all honesty.

I suspect you have never encountered an autistic child, as anyone who had would not make such a stupid assertion that good parenting is a solution.

5 Likes

Back to the health service anyway. I just had an extremely painful dental procedure completed to repair damage that was done playing hurling 20 years ago very effecient pleasant handling of the whole affair.

It was done through conscious sedation. Which wore off fully v recently. Iv never been in as much pain as I am now. Iv taken a cocktail of solpadeine some other yoke and morphine tablet there waiting for them to kick in :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

You are talking through your hole.

2 Likes

Hope you’re feeling better buddy.

1 Like

Couple of glasses of Jamie and you’ll be sorted

1 Like

Im a long way off that. Iv about 30 stitches in my mouth. They grafted bone from one area to another. I wouldnt recommend it

Fuck. Double up on the Solpadine