Ireland's health service

Its third world

Probably all rented because of Brexit…but yeah, shambolic.

Yet @maroonandwhite still votes FG

What? Never have and never will

The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the Ebola crisis in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) a public health emergency of international concern.

hopefully the HSE/Health Boards will be on the ball when this arrives

Minister Harris is all over it. Just look at how on top of the cervical check fiasco he is.

So I have to go to the hospital for a blood test. There is a ticket system now. I take a ticket. I am ticket D09.
The desk opens and they start calling the tickets. 2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8. 2,3,4,5,7 and 8 go up to the desk. A fella is still sitting waiting patiently to be called. A concerned patient turns to him and says what number are you.
“900, I’ll be waiting here all day”
The other fella asks to look at his ticket. You are number 6 he says.

22 Likes

A lovely story. I could feel all my ailments when I was reading it.

1 Like

I had a recent appointment which required me to give a blood sample. Unfortunately the reminder for my appointment (which had been made a year prior) arrived by post only a few days beforehand not leaving me much time to get my bloods taken. I had the pack which listed what needed to be tested so up I pop to phlebotomyl about 8 the following morning. I waited and about 8.20 a name was called (not mine), I was the only one there so in I pop and she repeated the name. I told her the story and she told me I needed an appointment and put her head down in a way that was telling me to sling my hook. I just sat there and eventually she looked up, I glanced out the door at the empty waiting room. She let out a big sigh and told me to roll up my sleeve. She left a nice bruise that took a few days to surface.

5 Likes

Don’t be surprised if the results indicate that you’re pregnant.

5 Likes

250 days in hospital fighting sepsis.

So I’m sitting in the Mater with the aul fella, he needs a triple by-pass and they called him for his pre-op this morning at 8.30 am, cue consternation as to how he was going to make it up from Tipp etc etc.
Easiest thing was to stay with me and I’d come in with him.
He was pacing the floor at 5.30 this this morning in case he’d be late, we’re here since 7.20 and the nurse just walked past and said she was on rounds and would be back to us, he’s fit to be tied :rofl:

1 Like

All the best with that.

3 Likes

Best of luck, Bucko. That will be a long day.

1 Like

The nurse just sent us for ECG and X-Ray and said you’ll probably want a bit of lunch after that :open_mouth:

Just keep calm and shelve the day in your head. Out anything before five is a bonus. It’s wrong on every level, but for now it’s just the way it is.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Would you buy him a day pass for tfk. It would put in a few hours for him. You could show him how to take a picture of his dinner in the canteen and post it on the Ravenous thread

3 Likes

It’s trying to cheer him up I am.

1 Like

Would you consider telling him we love his semi-racist hurling schtick? Maybe there’s a few foreign nurses he could have some banter with.

Sitting in A and E. aul lad was breathless all day. He did not sleep last night. Rang his doctor this evening who came up and sent him in straight away. Only one family member alllowed in. Sister and mother brought him over and I came over and came in with him. Look how quickly things change he said to me when I walked in.

They did an ECG in triage and nurse ran off for a doctor in a hurry. He was laughing and joking as he was wheeled away so we’ll see.

28 Likes