Irish History

https://x.com/irishsmuggling/status/1734276540215509258?s=48

Still looks the same

Kilmaiknam a very good tour, as much for the Parnell and Land League era as for the Rising

Any of ya’s ever visit Avondale house?

I won’t give a big spiel about this but honestly what a tour this was. Unreal. I’d recommend it to anyone. I’d have a fair idea like most here probably about Irish history but so many names that go under the radar I wouldn’t have really heard of.

Tour guide I had was quality too, had to make it my business to shake her hand at the end like a proper roaster. I had a brief interaction with the other tour guide lad when looking for the jacks and it was enough to tell me thank god he wasn’t the one telling us stories.

10 Likes

After sitting out the war of independence the Kerry boys really went at it when they got a chance to kill each other.

Deaths in the civil war

3 Likes

South Kerry seat out the War of Independence North Kerry didn’t.

I only recently read “Ballyheigue at arms”, which is a history of the local brigade. I was surprised how active they were.

Kilmallock is n/a?
We know that but why?

National Army I guess?

2 Likes

1 Like

Bruff still looks like a battle ground

Just in case there was any doubt…

Still better than Bruree

I always thought Bruree looked alright. The river is nice. I’ve never spent anytime there though

Just the river and the church really. Hardly any pub open there now. And the Dev museum. Dev’s house is on the road over to Athlacca.

And a place to dry out.

1 Like

What’s the Dev museum like?

How could I forget?