Irish Neutrality

In 2011, the United States Supreme Court determined that vaccines are “unavoidably unsafe.” Where there is risk, no matter how small, there must be choice.

Interesting video

We’ve let things get so bad that we’re damned if we do and damned if we don’t.

The Germans are mad for war, its in their blood

1 Like

How come Turkey are a member of NATO after they invaded Northern Cyprus in 1975?

Google is just confusing me for an answer to this.

They’re a member since 52.

So the obvious question is, how did NATO standby and let them invade? And then not throw them out?

Maybe NATO still found them and their location quite useful

I’ve no knowledge on this but cold war I imagine.

Interesting drive actually that is. You go through an aul buffer zone half way through Nicosia and all of a sudden you end up in the Turkish controlled side of the island.

Big change from Ayia Napa on the south of the island of Cyprus in fairness.

Yea, it’s interesting alright.

There was a program on one night, I think it was Alice Roberts (the ride) managed to get access to the buffer zone. There was all kinds of stuff like brand new, now vintage cars, just sitting there in car dealers. Priceless furniture. Still a few auld ones who refused to leave freely moving from side to side to do their bit of shopping.

Still doesn’t explain how the invasion was allowed. Like the US invading Grenada I suppose.

Myself and two mates drove through the buffer zone innocently a good few years back. We’d rented an aul car on the greek side of Cyprus and we just said erra might as well have a look when we just happened to come upon the buffer zone driving through Nicosia. We genuinely werent aware of the politics at the time at all.

We realised coming back then we could be in a bit of bother as we didnt have our passports with us. Ended up being fine. Oddly they just let us through. Maybe it happens often enough to be fair. We were told afterwards there could have been hassle as we werent insured to drive on that side of the island etc, maybe that was probably bullshit too.

We actually got lost for awhile on the Turkish side as well as back then we just had a map in English/Greek whereas the road signs were all in Turkish over there. No smart phones or sat navs at the time either to be fair. We were driving around for 4 or 5 hours clueless as to where we were going. Was a bit of craic. Got back eventually.

The buffer zone was surreal, was around a half mile of no go land. No love lost there between the Turks and the Greeks.

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

And the Cypriots hate both.

1 Like

@habanerocat, coincidentally I read a report on this today. Turkey was initially rejected by European countries for NATO in 49, they saw it as a European focused alliance. Then turkey fought on the allied side in the Korean war, sending a large contingent of soldiers. This got significant support from the US, who pushed for turkey and Greece to join in 52. Turkey’s is the second largest army in NATO.

1 Like

This beauty after flying overhead and seems to be travelling all over the country at present on patrol

Thanks to @Fagan_ODowd, @Thomas_Brady and all members of our defence forces for their service.

2 Likes

Thanks to @Tassotti and the mainland protecting us

3 Likes

We’d be as well handing the whole place back to them at this stage.

I see that Sid lad is off writing for the torygraph

Here’s the free version.
Not based on much fact, an editorial of sorts…

https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/world/freeloading-ireland-is-already-a-danger-to-britain-s-security/ar-BB1hORKU

Russia is going to invade England mate…via Ireland. Anyone who says otherwise is a kremlin agent