Irish Paint Magic

It’s back tonight. 7.30 on TG4. The presenter David Willis, a cork man, is a gas man. Has loadsa catchphrases as he’s painting away.

He’ll be painting the clouds and will always say “Lie down there now Mr.Cloud”

Or he’d be adding a bit of black to something and go “Remember, the dark is your friend!”

He’d be tapping the brush on the canvas to make the leaves on the trees and say “Tap tap tap. If you can tap, you can paint.”

Or painting a river he might say “Right into the bank now, thank you, thank you Mr. Reflection”

He’d be painting away and all of a sudden just go “Will you for God’s sake come away from the painting David. Come away from it or you’ll run amuck.”

Meself and a mate used to have bets on what colour he’d use next. Sad really.

Anyway watch it tonight.

[quote=“Pikeman”]It’s back tonight. 7.30 on TG4. The presenter David Willis, a cork man, is a gas man. Has loadsa catchphrases as he’s painting away.

He’ll be painting the clouds and will always say “Lie down there now Mr.Cloud”

Or he’d be adding a bit of black to something and go “Remember, the dark is your friend!”

He’d be tapping the brush on the canvas to make the leaves on the trees and say “Tap tap tap. If you can tap, you can paint.”

Or painting a river he might say “Right into the bank now, thank you, thank you Mr. Reflection”

He’d be painting away and all of a sudden just go “Will you for God’s sake come away from the painting David. Come away from it or you’ll run amuck.”

Meself and a mate used to have bets on what colour he’d use next. Sad really.

Anyway watch it tonight.[/quote]

That lad is a looper. I’ve seen him a few times, “get back Mr Tree, get right right back”

“Well done Mr Tree, jump up out of the ground” etc etc…

Side of ham anyone?

What colour are you betting on next Mac?

Ask RMG

Never heard of this but probably won’t get to check it out as the weiners that are Jugs and cesc4 will probably be watching some lame ass Scrubs repeats on Paramount Comedy channel.

Ha ha.

I am aware of this Mr. Willis lad and his gas phrases but thought I was the only freak that was.

While painting rocks:
‘And ask it nicely to sit down. Sit down Mr. rock. You have to ask him nicely or else it won’t happen!’

About his producer Paul:
‘If I don’t walk away from it now Paul will be giving out to me and start to point at his watch. Paul is always giving out to me’

Just in general painting:
‘Make the noise. Wheeeeeeeesssssssssssshhhh. You have to make it - Wheeeeeeeesssssssssssshhhh’

He always finishes with:
‘Go raibh maith agat. Slan leat and God bless you all my friends!’

Then some song by the Dublin City Ramblers comes on - goes something like this:

‘Ireland, Oh Ireland, I’m coming home. Home – sure my heart never left her’

Great show.

Fuck it anyway, I have to play astro at 7.30 this evening.

Anybody know the videoplus number for it?

Thats possibly the worst programme on tv

Just switched over there to it briefly - for around three minutes.

He was going on about the producer threatening him if he drags out the show too long.

He also breathes very heavily which makes you want to switch channels. Not that there is anything else that would make you do that.

The man is a legend:

“Come on Mr. Fence shove that auld field back there for me”

Quality…

He’s drawing flowers beside the fence now and making a weird whistle type sound as he does so:

‘Come on make some noises. Make sure they’re Cork noises though’.

[quote=“Bandage”]He’s drawing flowers beside the fence now and making a weird whistle type sound as he does so:

‘Come on make some noises. Make sure they’re Cork noises though’.[/quote]

Allegedly the noises makes the paint stick better:D

I’m a great believer in darkening the corners of the canvas. I can’t stress it enough.

Make sure you wipe the brush on a tissue or you’ll be bringing the durty paint back up.

You must make the noises and then the paint will jump off the brush for you.

Legend.

[quote=“Pikeman”]I’m a great believer in darkening the corners of the canvas. I can’t stress it enough.

Make sure you wipe the brush on a tissue or you’ll be bringing the durty paint back up.

You must make the noises and then the paint will jump off the brush for you.

Legend.[/quote]

Cheers for the shout-out about this show Pikeman. It has the potential to be the new On The Menu - great stuff.

In fairness to the man it was a decent painting he drew…

Parden the pun but he is as mad as a brush…

It’s a great show alright.
I always feel cheated though when he strips back the tape to find a house or two underneath.

Anyway must clear all this paint up here before I head off to soccer.

[quote=“The Puke”]In fairness to the man it was a decent painting he drew…

Parden the pun but he is as mad as a brush…[/quote]

Only saw three minutes of it but I could nearly tell you what happened in the show.

1. Covered the canvas in black paint first
  2. Then painted a sky which were a few dashes of white clouds.
  3. Then a sea with maybe a reflection of the sky on it.
  4. Then a few mountains.
  5. Then a few rocks which don’t look like rocks at all
  6. Then he probably pulled off some tape to reveal a painting of a boat on the water or something.

He is actually a fairly shit painter to go with being an absolute nutter.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Only saw three minutes of it but I could nearly tell you what happened in the show.

1. Covered the canvas in black paint first
  2. Then painted a sky which were a few dashes of white clouds.
  3. Then a sea with maybe a reflection of the sky on it.
  4. Then a few mountains.
  5. Then a few rocks which don’t look like rocks at all
  6. Then he probably pulled off some tape to reveal a painting of a boat on the water or something.

He is actually a fairly shit painter to go with being an absolute nutter.[/quote]

No sea and no trees either this week. Can never predict what this man will pull out of the bag.

I think it is very unfair to call him a shit painter, I doubt that many people could recreate what he just painted in the space of time he did and with the ease he did it…