Irish People talking about the NFL

They can’t articulate a single detailed sentence about this sport they profess to follow so closely.
They are the equivalent of the bogger from Tournafulla heading to Thomond Park roaring “heave” and “drive” every few minutes without a clue what’s going on.

3 Likes

Stick to a thread where you genuinely know something about the topic might help.

Guys who blow on about rugger heads talking shite about a sport they never played and watch to be “cool” repeating the exact same thing here.

1 Like

A fucking embarrassment. Bad enough this fascination with that cunting soccer but american football? Ye’re all juvenile minded wannabe yank wankers.

The NFL crowd here can give it but can’t take it.

They’re like the Joe.ie-reading, UFC-loving gimps who get all offended when normal people ridicule that activity.

1 Like

It is possible to have a genuine interest in something and recognise some peoples sham interest in another. I’ve read strategy books on the game, and even parts of the rulebook. Loads of other posters have a greater interest in it than me and the threads if you’ve read them are fairly well informed. And I’m not sure how commenting on a sport makes your anonymous online persona “cool” or “uncool” There absolutely is an element of gobshites who make it known to the world where they’ll be watching the superbowl. Just as there is a huge amount of rugby fans who will discuss the game but have no idea of the rules or tactics. You can see them in every pub during the 6 nations. If you are railing against bandwagoners that’s one thing, but you use ‘a sport they never’ played as a stick to beat people. I would have definitely played it if i had the chance growing up. I played rugby but think its a terrible sport in comparison. How is well informed discussion talking shite?

3 Likes

We appear to share some common ground. Nice to meet you Sydney.

:joy:

1. You are missing the point. The hypocrisy still exists.
  2. Majority are absolutely bluffing out their arse.
  1. I don’t think I am
  2. You could say that about almost every topic discussed online

American footy is not a sport. A sport for me is defined as something you can attempt at replicating in your back garden on your own or with your children.

Hurling. Absolutely.
Gaelic football is shit but it’s still a sport.
Soccer, I hate it but it’s a sport.
Rugby, the absolute simple thrill of tossing a pass to your young lad.
Golf, the ultimate father son memory builder in the back garden.
Race Running, yes that’s sport.
Boxing, prime example of what I’m going on about.

American football is not a sport. Lining your whole family up across the garden and asking them to charge at you as you throw a rugby ball out over them to your young fella running the other way who hasn’t a hope of catching the fucking thing as it makes no sense to him is not sport, it’s humiliation for all involved.

Sitting on an animal and ‘testing yourself’ :smile: against another human who is also sitting on an animal is also not a sport. @Mac is obsessed with both these activities and @Mac is a cunt, clearly.

4 Likes

One thing all sports should learn from the nfl is its structure. Very fair on every team.

3 Likes

He only hasn’t a hope of catching it if you’re shit. Which is the same in rugby. Or hurling. Or football.

Recreational, informal american football is widely participated in in backyards across America, you’re talking out your hole.

Americans are the dumbest fucking cunts on this planet, kid.

2 Likes

Something something alternatives to breast milk something something

1 Like

So you concede its a sport by your own standard, based on the fact that backyard games are widely participated in?

hmmm i think what this post really shows us is thhe following:

#people disagree.

live you own lives for fucks sake, “his hobby is more stupid than my hobby”

It’s worse this place is getting.

3 Likes

No the standard applies to what I deem acceptable to do with my offspring in my rear garden.
If Yanks try replicating that at home it just shows how thick they are.

Are you thick? You sound it. Are you American?

Handy how your standard changes when it defeats the point you’re trying (poorly) to make. The backyard version is more often than not a touch game, hardly a full replication. Do you smash your offspring with a slide tackle or hammer him at the knees with a rugby tackle when he gets the ball?

Could you recommend a few of these books?