Irish Soccer Players Abroad

Rice is shit lads.

2 Likes

That squadā€¦

downloadfile-1

1 Like

i do agree i never saw what people were seeing
i have commented here that he is an atrocious defender from corners and in his last EPL game he was subbed at HT and dropped as a midfielder
the game v turkey was a nothing game
i do admit i am limited in seeing him - i saw him live v israel u-21s where we (ireland) won 4-0 and he was grand

1 Like

Ward is 33. Surely young Greg Cunningham or Matt Doherty should be thrown in for these prestige meaningless games.

i dont think thatā€™s the mindset really

I look at this very simply. If rice is any good heā€™ll play for England if heā€™s shit heā€™ll play for ireland. No real loss. Type to develop our own.

2 Likes

This is depressing. If you play competitively at underage level for a country then thats who you should play senior for. FAI could have been trying to develop and investing resources in another player who might in time graduate to senior level.

Itā€™s a disgrace that Sinclair Armstrong isnā€™t in this squad.

2 Likes

thatā€™s why we sing this song

graham burke

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy
is there any hope for these people

It poses the question if Townsend or Matt Holland were good enough youā€™d be naive for thinking theyā€™d have played for Ireland over England. In fairness to Kilbane he was asked this question before and he always chose Ireland but he has to really given his position with newstalk.

1 Like

The FAI have no problem poaching players who have been developed under the auspices of the IFA.

Poaching is part and parcel of international association football.

2 Likes

things are actually picking up for the Oirish team - our youths are thriving

in 3 years we will have 3 top class keepers to chose from

Very true. I dont think it makes it right though. At 18 you should make a choice and stick with it.

Pity all three canā€™t play on the same 11 as goalkeepers. Eire would have a much better chance if they could.

1 Like

We will need them - The keepers that is

2 Likes

Potentially huge money to be made if you make it at a high level with England but a reasonable career in Oireland and youā€™ll be feted like a God. Declan Rice should be given a case study on what the likes of Kilbane have earned out of throwing an Irish tag on themselves.

1 Like

Worst squad weā€™ve had in my lifetime

Heā€™s certainly not the messiah. Canā€™t get into a West Ham team that canā€™t get out of their own way

You know what is depressing, the total lack of LOI representation. I bet thereā€™s lads playing LOI who are as good as some selected. I bet thereā€™s very little scouting of our domestic soccer. As an aside, any jobbing ingerlish lad offered an Irish spot should grab it with both hands.