Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

that’s a shocker.

A big indictment of Irish soccer there, if that performance was man of the match worthy.

and it isn’t like we’ve played the creme de la creme of world football.

The sing songs are great though.

1 Like

would there be lads here who would have watched all those matches? jesus but it seems like awful hardship to be sitting down watching all those useless teams all trying not to lose to each other.
it must be like sitting down to watch your team play germany portugal and russia in rubby matches, with the big treat in the middle of a double header against fiji , it must be fucking soul destroying to be an Eire scummy soccer supporter nowadays.

1 Like

What’s worse is there’s lads driving to Dublin and paying into them. You’d want to be mentally deranged

He actually set irish football back by recruiting English mercenaries, which historically has always ended well.

I was there last night, was there on Saturday, was there last November. Only time I paid was for the Play Off. It can be hard at times, no doubt about it but we all dream of one of those nights.

I wasn’t in Lille, but as a friend who was there told me, “I went to heaven that night”. In our lifetime, we’ll probably only see half a dozen or a few of those kind of moments. To be there for a one of those is why we sit through nights like last night.

I’m appalled by the apathy towards the Irish soccer team. At the end of the day a nations national football team is what defines it.

9 Likes

I haven’t been at an FAI event since they denied the Limerick vs Barcelona friendly, and I won’t go either.

:laughing:

5 Likes

:smiley:

I’m sure there are. There are contributors on here who feign a dislike for the English Premier League, claim that its awful quality compared to various hipster leagues in continental Europe and yet seem to spend their weekends watching 4, 5 and 6 live EPL matches.

And even some of the lower leagues… You really couldn’t make it up.

1 Like

agreed

3 Likes

You spend enough time talking about it

3 Likes

I listened to Andy Townsend on the Radio 2 last night . He said the team played ok and showed desire . He however remarked that they have zero guile in the top third.

I think he nailed it tbh .

Soccer like rugby and GGA and Cheltenham are largely big ticket events in Oireland , If things are good well there is a bandwagon & enthusiasm however it things are not going well you are talking apathy .

If ROI soccer team were going well liveline would be thronged with moment .

partitioned ?

2 Likes

iv no interest in the game but im intrigued by the scummy soccer crowd

The current style of play isn’t “fascinating to watch “ .