Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

In Eire’s case in a playing sense that would be a mixture of bangers from the UK and legal aid types from council estates.

1 Like

Sterling born in Jamaica
Dier is a product of Portuguese FA
Harry Kane is from Galway/Limerick
Harry Winks is Spanish
Gomez is Gambian … England would be nothing without foreigners.

7 Likes

Rashford and sterling are both black.

They are worse than the French.

Should be enough to send Geoff off to Wiki for an hour…

1 Like

Harry Winks from Hemel Hempstead
Harry Kane from Walthamstow and Chingford
Eric Dier from Cheltenham
Joe Gomez from Lewisham

Of the five you mentioned, only Raheem Sterling was born outside of England, moving from Jamaica to England as an infant.

We’re sterlings parents slaves

Ireland were rubbish at rugby for a long time was landsdown road empty?

Their parentage / heritage is anything but English — Ashley Young, Dele Ali, Daniel Sturridge … and on and on - all have foreign heritage … You applaud South Africans playing for Irish rubby then lambaste Irish soccer for taking advantage of their wider diaspora … the hypocrisy is something else from you.

2 Likes

Worth mentioning they’re playing rubbish rugby at the moment and still drawing huge attendances, Ireland really is rugby country.

If Ireland recruited the likes of Harry Kane or Griezmann I dont think wed mind. Its chasing after absolute journeymen like a dog chasing a bus that galls the real "football men’

Rugby internationals are social events .

1 Like

Playing for little old Ireland isnt going to enhance anyone’s career — In the modern world, Ireland cant hope to compete with England if players think they have a chance of playing with the latter — that’s just the way it’s gone these days.

Your man Grealish is a prime example - could be playing regular international football but the profile of Ireland just didnt fit.

The profile being absolutely rubbish playing rubbish football?

Sure pal

You have trotted out a long list of players, all born in England (bar Raheem Sterling) and all for the most part educated in England. Starting with Shay Brennan in the 1960’s, Eire has a more than half century tradition of capping players born in England, educated in England and products of the English football system.

Yes.

But outside of a handful of top nations, standards are nearly the same for everyone else. Ireland have still qualified for the last 2 Euros so that’s something he wont experience by not playing … I’ve no disdain for him choosing by the by … i’m just responding to your initial remark. We’re at nothing in the modern age of football - time has moved on and we dont have the money, structures or playing numbers to compete with other nations — I dont bemoan that, it’s just a fact of life.

The English leagues are as near as Ireland will ever get to having professional league football. For a number of reasons we will always be reliant on them.

It will be very hard for Irish soccer players to go to say Italy , France or Spain what with the language barrier .

Are you purposely being a ball bag?