Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

DJ Church’s grandfather was the kitman in the Jack Charlton years .

O’Leary? I think Byrne and O’Leary were much more than their designated roles.

Yes . Mick Byrne was involved with the Galway footballers under JohnO Mahoney .

Col

this is a great picture. Big Mick is as good a man as you’d find. Whatever about his management abilities he has always been an exemplary human being

5 Likes

Charlie O’Leary was the kit man, Mick Byrne was the physio. I’d know one of the physio’s for Munster and Ireland and yes he’s a physio but he also looks after kit when players go off, come on and help around the dressing room too. But like it was said earlier, you need someone who the players and coaches are comfortable around and can give/take a bit of bantz. He has a few great stories from Munster/Ireland/Lions trips but you’d know you’re not hearing 90% that goes on…

1 Like

The dressing room is sacrosanct. Some of these lads are as important as psychologists, in fact they probably performed that role before it all got too serious.

2 Likes

Albie Morgan was as integral to Man United’s success as Sir Alex Ferguson.

When John Bailey got rid of Christy Sweets we knew he was a wrong one.

1 Like

Mick Byrne was not a qualified physio. He was a fully qualified chancer however.

1 Like

No shortage of them to be found tbf

1 Like

“We’ll do them for yiz today!”

6 Likes

Apparently his solution for every injury from a tweaked hamstring to a broken leg was “a birra hot and cold”.

Mick Boortin

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/october-date-likely-for-euro-2020-play-off

Could be a savage amount of sport in October and November, all things going well.

1 Like

Good time to use up all that accrued leave if all this passes

Ireland v The Netherlands on TG4 now. The standard is surprisingly shit from both sides

The backpasses!

The Dutch back 3 passing away to themselves here for the last 3 mins.

I wish I’d known at the time. I was shitting myself at the urgency of the Dutch attacking play