Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

I forgot how obvious it was. I remember reading it in books as I grew older but both sides took the piss in a big way

Holland were very poor in that tournament compared to 1988.

There was disharmony in the camp .

I definitely didn’t notice it at the time. Think it was captain fantastic book I first heard of it

Worse than League 2

That was the one. There was either one of the Dutch lads or Irish lads who didn’t hear the message so they were going out of their way not to pass to him.

The bapckpass rule was absolute madness. I remember playing as a defender at u12 and utilising it a fair bit. Was there any limit to the amount you could get it off the goalie and knock it back to him if winning 1 nil? Surprised it wasn’t actually used more I’d say the likes of Jose would have gone to town on it altogether

AC Milan apparently want to sign Jeff Hendrick, they should do a Sevco on it and start again at this stage

What do they want him to do?

Be some move Hendrick. No doubt he’d prosper in the slower paced, tactical Serie A!

He would probably improve them . Sad to see a club of that stature so poor .

He definitely wouldn’t improve them

Sean Dyche made a terrible player out of him. He could actually play a bit before he went to Burnley.

He looked very promising early on for Ireland. Dyche took all the good out of him.

He looked a right player at Euros

3 Likes

He’s clearly talented and was excellent in Euro 2016. He can have stinkers but I’d nearly always have him in the Ireland team for what he can do when on song. Change of scenery might do him good.

He hasn’t played well in years for Ireland.

His touch and confidence are shot. He’s been turned into a pure banger

This is like the time Barcelona came in for Gary Breen and he ended up at West Ham. There’s a well paid agent doing a good job here somewhere

If you look at some of ac Milan’s signings over the last decade you might change your tune! A complete and utter shambles of a club.

My knowledge of soccer ball in the last 5 years doesn’t extend beyond my beloved Leeds United, Atletico Madrid and Conor Clifford

2 Likes

Cas went to Marseille in the 1990s which at the time sounded initially amazing but they were then in the second tier .

Remember seeing Hendrick coming on for derby v hull in a championship play off at half time. Think he was injured. Completely turned the game. Was a brilliant prospect. Going to a kick and rush team like Burnley while good for he’s bank balance has ruined he’s game. Hendrick is not a right sided midfielder.

Shane Long signs a new two year deal with Southampton