Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

He isn’t quick. Good reader and positional sense.

https://statsports.com/who-are-the-fastest-players-at-euro-2020/#:~:text=Enda%20Stevens%2C%20Rep.&text=With%20a%20max%20speed%20of%2035.99%20kmph%2C%20the%20Sheffield%20United,impressive%20start%20to%20the%20season.

O Neill was done. We were going nowhere. Big Mick did OK. Good time for the new man to come in.
I always think we were as good under Brian Kerr as anyone, and that is a man you could row in behind 100%.
The essence of an Irish patriot and soccer man.

One of Delaney’s many cock ups.

Euro 88 look back on rte 2 now.
Sadlier saying that the FAI never really capitalised on the boost of the Charlton years. Am I right in saying there was a maassive boost in the number of clubs across rural Ireland after those years though? Before the 90s would soccer have been much like rugby today with clubs only the in the bigger towns and cities. Now seems every village has a soccer team, albeit with shite facilities.

How did RTE manage to make clean shite of that? It was a free pass and they have Jim Power waffling on about unemployment numbers in the 80s and missing seeing Waterford hurlers playing. I shouldn’t really be surprised.

3 Likes

Very poor to be honest

Sure if you played GAA you couldn’t play soccer or rugby without a ban if you were caught up until the 70s. There would have been little room for rural clubs.

When I was a kid in the 80s playing it was almost exclusively City teams.

Only townies played soccer back in the 80s

1 Like

John Delaney made football a game for everyone.

2 Likes

He handed out the Smarties, we all partied

The Desmond League had at least 20 clubs around 1988

The only time I’d see west limerick was on the road to ballybunnion kid

The lads in charge of the FAI now haven’t a clue. Complete lightweights that are being laughed at by UEFA.

They’d be as well off swallow their pride and give the keys back to Dela.

2 Likes

Did you go the coast road , Athea road or Abbeyfeale Road

I wasn’t driving bud.

The coast road is the nicest

I’m racking my brains here. We went Askeaton I’m almost sure.

And fastest if you are going to ballyb

The 1988 Euros Official film is excellent