Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) šŸ

Kerr and Stephen Ireland when Ireland was an underage player?

yes
you can imagine now how that would have went
Ireland wouldnt have exactly been a " st.kevins" type of man like hendricks or some lad an out and out inner city dub, he was so detached from reality he wouildnt have even known who kerr was- Ireland was that good underage lads he wouldnt play in the way they wanted to play him- he wanted to beat lads in the middle and attack the opposition, Kerr wanted a Glenn Whelan and lads sitting around eating macdonalds playing a guitar with mick byrne talking about the liberties of some shit.
Ireland iike, jesus- i remember this well- he was totally oblivious to kerr- no idea who he was- we used to hate dublin teams when we played them- we beat crumlin one time 4-1 away in a 17s national cup, we hated them - irelands dad as invloved with us then- he used to call me the vulture after burtagueno- this fella played youths for ireland - he hated the dubs, the DDSL, the whole lot - totally indiffermt to them
great days

3 Likes

Did Kerr have Ireland at underage?

Thought Irelandā€™s underage career would have coincided with Kerr over the senior team?

The Dubs just donā€™t trust lads from down the country.

Remember when Avondale were winning all the intermediate FAIā€™s? They couldnā€™t get a fella near the Irish intermediate team.

There was a big furore about it and they relented and gave a few Cork lads a go.

A fella I know well was left midfielder. A beautiful left foot, very creative, saw the game and would kill you for the ball.

His instructions? Stand inside and create space for the left full. If you stay wide youā€™re coming off.

He was whipped at half time.

well
very briefly- ireland barely played 21s - maybe once or twice - kerr had him binned from 16s/17s
kerr was over 16s 18s from late 90s to early 00s when ireland was 16s or 18s
im pretty sure if blew up at a game in colemans park

Ireland was reluctant to come back from Manchester I think as he was breaking into the first team. Kerr said heā€™d play him then left him sitting on his hole in Cobh. Massive fuck you to Ireland who was head and shoulders the best Irish player around.

Told him heā€™d play him in the game in the Cross a few days later and fucked him over again.

Back in the dark days at Man City in the mid 00ā€™s when Sven took over and Ireland was breaking through, the kid was phenomenal. Jesus, the football brain he had. He gave it socks for a few years and Hughes got the best of him. Mancini just didnā€™t fancy him and the lads head went. What a fucking shame

There was an English youngfella came through the same time who was better than Ireland. Michael Johnson. Two absolutely gifted lads but hadnā€™t the head for it.

1 Like

his 2008/09 season was unreal - fair play to you btw for recalling the story with kerr
look i dont want to go to much into him here but Hughes would have been like a father to him really id say- he couldnt handle mancini
the fella was a kid at that time, early 20s, young family from a terribly difficult background and did not have the tools to deal with stuff, the Bratislava incident was very very sad i think , he mrs had a miscarriage, again he was very immature young lad and he just id lost it and left- its easy to dig at him- he clealry needs/needed help from a long way out, he would have been a fella who would have been the butt of every stephen hunt joke in stanā€™s dressing room and id say he was relieved to get out of itā€¦
i cant judge him tbh, in this era of mental healt this was a fella waving a red flag right there

2 Likes

He celebrated a goal in the premier league by dropping his shorts and showing off his superman jocks :joy: it would take a fella from cobh.

City wasnt the right place for him at the time either. It was a fucking basket case.

Mancini was supposed to have been an absolute cunt as well with staff and players. A real dictator type.

Hughes has a way of managing the unmanageable ones. He got the best out of Bellamy a few times and Bellamy loved him. He was another fucking lunatic

I always thought Stephen Ireland would have came back for Ireland if venables had got the job and not trapatoni, would you agree? Trapatoni had no interest in playing a talent like him. Bigger loss to Irish football than Keane in saipan in my opinion.

hughes was a shit manager though

on a more serious note
its looks like the league is not going to resume now - big statement from Derry there - cork will follow on pretty quick

where are we
dundalk and rovers have been able to pay lads - full time
theyā€™re both also due a wedge from upcoming europeans - dundalk tho need to be getting thru two rounds or i reckon these peak 6 lads are done
who else - derry are in europe so that 240k for one tie and 260k there after
Bohs as well same boat but are part time

cork sligo pats have released eveyone afaik-
who else is there ? harps - waterford are pending Lee Power digging deep again

i cant see it coming back
id say that 4 team mini tournament will be it SRFC/DK/DC/BSC who will chance their arm in europe then

first div is done

1 Like

Only summer football league in Europe that didnā€™t make it back. Very sad

Heck real football is back Wednesday night :rage::rage:

And a cunt.

The league has needed a big reckoning for a long time. Hopefully they donā€™t waste the crisis

1st division clubs on board

the DDSL are a vile organisation

2 Likes

What are they up to now?

on this day in 2004 cork beat malmo 3-1
thats some bunch of players in that photo, went on then to beat Nimijgen before loosing to Nantes,
weā€™re so far away from that now lads.

there was real hope then - that was the year shels played deportivo after winning 2 champions league ties
then the money was gone for both by 2007