Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

Should we consider playing Duffy centre forward ala Gary Doherty?

I think Quinn should get on a plane and beg Trap to come back

You couldn’t play Connolly up front alone. Spock sees him as a winger anyway, he always played him off the left for the u21s. If McGoldrick isn’t available I’d say it will be Idah again

yeah idah was picked over obafemi as he can play that didsy type of role
ah look tbh these lads are way too young, its hard to really be to critical of connolly or idah playing senior international football at this stage of their career , its made even more difficult for them as they service they get is a best inconsistent to poor compared to say in a structured club setting

we did ok last night
o dowda was grand in the first half but fell apart a bit then, everyone was rusty tbh but what alarmed me was how hendirix and hourihane coughed up possession so easily - look it may improve now in time but Hourihane - he’s just not good enough
Doherty needs a break as well, didnt wolves season go from coleaine in the uefa at the beginning of july 2019 to sevilla a few weeks ago? - some players lads are going to be broken by the amount of football - we have other fellas then who despite this get no match practice at all- thats why look even tho duffy is going up to scotland to play against hamilton it is at least regular gametime albeit at a fairly chronic level 90% of the time.
i dont think coleman will be back really - doherty needs to be allowed play there now i think, seamus had his day but that leg break finished him - we need to move on really
i think brady for hourihane is the change i would make - the rest as is really

it is what it is lads

2 Likes

that excuse for Doherty is bullshit really mickee. Football was suspended for a couple of months around March/April. Lads have never had as much time off.

that is a reasonable point allright in fairness, i do take that back
id prefer to see him stay there now tho for a few games - im assuming last night Idah aside is probably the closest thing to our strongest lineup ( brady may come in i think) … we need to accept this is it now i feel and allow the team to gel and begin to work as a unit

i tell you one thing as you know id say - now i played on LHS - but playing right full in a 442 is a lot different to playing RWB in a 352 …
he has moutinho setting him up every week - now he has hendricks and maccarty who are liable to do anything

Playing right back when there’s two lads clogging up your wing doesn’t help either I’d say

We had two formations at I team I coached, depending on the personnel available and the opposition, we’d switch between a 4 and 5 at the back. 5 at the back is great if you’re not expecting to have much of the ball, but you need lads with massive engines to get up and down, they aren’t as tied down with the extra centre back there, and when one goes you’d generally keep 4 back there to not get caught. Either the full back on the opposite side, or if both went the holding midfielder would drop in. Wing back is a difficult position, generally the first sub off would be a wing back who was gassed after about an hour.

Full back in a four is very straightforward, one goes and joins when play is on his side, still a lot of up and down but your defensive job is concrete. Cover in when the ball is wide and watch the line. You generally get way more time on the ball as a full back in a back 4 too.

I’ve never seen that before. there was basically three lads in a straight line out wide and Idah not holding it up in the middle. It was bizarre.

Would it be counted as essential travel?

yea
also given 3 of our back 4 play on club sides that use back 3 also makes things more complicated

and the other fella hasn’t played in a year. I noticed Kenny wanted them to play with a high line to force a high squeeze, Hourihane and Hendrick weren’t doing it and McCarthy was often 20 yards behind them two. So the midfield was too close and a big gap between the front 3 and midfield. That handy lad they had was dropping in and pinging balls over the back 4 at times.

He needs time with them to get them used to his system.

Good players should be able to switch between a 4 and a 5 no bother Mickee. It’s more on the lack of quality in midfield that they aren’t shining.

I thought Randolph did very well playing the sweeper keeper. He snuffed out a good few dangerous ones. He was able to pass it out too, which frightens me

1 Like

I hear Jack Byrne is being troubled by a back injury.

Sure that could be anything from a mental breakdown to a drugs test failure.

1 Like

look shattered today

Didsys bsck

1 Like

O dowda very lucky. McCarthy very unlucky. I’d tip Idah for a better game today. Hopefully service is a lot better.

Who’ll be the defensive midfielder in that three? Molumby? Arter is a headless chicken & Brady will surely have some creative licence?

Molumby. Arter right, brady left.

Should see a tighter midfield 3 with room left out wide for the full backs and Connolly. Dowda probably most fortunate along with Doherty. Coleman is fucked