Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) šŸ

Was playing very well for newcastle this season before he got injured. Clark is mobile and can use the ball. Duffy we know lacks pace and Egan does too from what ive seen. It looks like Kenny has to go to 3 centre halfs but will he be too stubborn to change is the question. Right sided midfield looks a massive problem while idah is patently not up to senior level yet. 3 5 2 solves the right sided midfield problem while mcgoldrick and connolly as a 2 up front has potential. Would go with McCarthy, Hendrick and Arter in midfield. I would go for Coleman, Egan and Clark as the 3 centre halfs.

1 Like

Fuck off with Arter. Everything youā€™ve said is nullified by the fact you said youā€™d pick him

3 Likes

Disagree on Parrott, think he will turn out to be the real deal.

He is an angry person

40 years averaging 20 games a year and fuckall in the last 2. I take your point though. He has a much better scoring record than didsy too!

Did you watch the game today? While it wouldnt be hard i thought Arter was easily the best of the 3 midfielders today.

He has always been like that, even from the first few games he played for Ireland. A vibe of ā€œthe big I amā€ off him while not delivering displays to merit such an attitude.

Getting a big money move to a London club wonā€™t do much to dampen his ego either.

Not sprinting back when caught out of position is a tell tale sign of a player with a dubious character and whoā€™ll always let you down eventually.

I donā€™t think Kenny has it in his capabilities to set up a solid team at senior international level.

Sure we can get bodies in there but without adequate drills of defensive systems then we are going to be exposed.

This is arguably the most worrying part of todayā€™s result. Any manager and coaching team worth their salt should have a reasonable defensive set up at this level.

Did you see his ā€œtackleā€ in the lead up to the goal. Took himself out of the game. Got booked. And didnt even bring your man down. A fucking clown shoe

We got carved open regularly by Bulgaria and Finland with straight balls. :sleepy:

Iā€™m not a massive fan of Arter or anything but you canā€™t just judge players playing for Ireland like this and then discard them. All of them will make mistakes because all of them have glaring weaknesses

Hes the holding midfielder. He got caught wrong side. Thatā€™s not technical. Thats fucking braindead.

Given the short period of time with players, youā€™d imagine this is what he would have spent most time onā€¦start solid and build. We were a shambles.

Odds on Esteban being on the booze?

I knew Parrot was a busted flush when spurs who only had one striker and no money were sending him out on loan.

I wouldnā€™t mind fellas making mistakes but we need good characters.

I donā€™t think Arter, Doherty and possibly even McCarthy fall into this category.

You can ask me mate

2 Likes

Heā€™s 18. Wait and see what he does with Millwall. Will be a top player.

As I said, the players arenā€™t very good so theyā€™ll make mistakes, not just Arter

I know Paul Kimmage divides opinion on this forum, but whenever I hear people talk (the off the ball gimps) about Stephen Kenny being spoken about as this great revolutionary of Irish soccer, I refer back to this interview Kenny did with Kimmage when Kenny got the job earlier this year.

I canā€™t help but be baffled by Kenny, this is your chance to stick it to kimmage, to get a good cut off him and his journalism. But Kenny comes across as a complete spoofer being honest.

PK: No, seriously, where were you in 2002?

SK: I honestly donā€™t know where I was. . . Iā€™m giving you the impression now that Iā€™m completely disorganised, amnā€™t I?

PK: You are. In fact, Iā€™m starting to worry that weā€™ve made a catastrophic mistake by appointing you as the next manager. Itā€™s unbelievable! You canā€™t remember anything! Youā€™ve no fucking opinions on anything! Why would I want to play for you?

(He looks at me, wounded.)

PK: That was a joke, obviously.

SK: Itā€™s wrong to say I havenā€™t opinions on stuff.

PK: You were managing Bohemians in 2002.

SK: Was I? Yeah. That was a great (Ireland) team, and I loved watching (that World Cup). Obviously, to lose the penalty shoot-out was very disappointing. How good would we have been with Roy in the team? I donā€™t know. Itā€™s all . . .

Iā€™d imagine Big Mick, Martin Oā€™Neil, Roy keane, and even Trapp would have got out of this easy trap set by kimmage with ease.

From this interview and the media fawning over Kenny, Iā€™ve been left completely underwhelmed by Kenny.

Why would Matt Doherty give a fuck about playing with Ireland if this is the sort of fuckery Kenny comes out with.

I hope these games were just Spock trying to figure out what players can play in his system. But I will reserve judgement for another little while. He just sounds like another Brian Kerr being totally honest.
Please god I am wrong on this as Iā€™d love to see Ireland play a good expansive game of football and go toe to toe with teams again.