Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

He’s unravelling

It’s really a 23 man squad as Brady and O’Dowda unlikely to make it

Get Smallbone, Obafemi and Ryan Manning in. although the latter has fallen out of favour at QPR after being linked with a move to the PL

Smallbone’s missus wrote a letter to the Irish Times during the week not sure is he in the head space for a big game like this

2 Likes

Posting here as @Heyyoubehindthebushes

1 Like

Grower not a shower

Coleman off with suspected hamstring injury

Some luck

Massive news for tomorrow night

1 Like

Still no Sancho

United news

5 Italian u21s down with Covid now.

They face Ireland on Tuesday in a crunch qualifier.

4 Likes

The whole Italian team are in quarantine in Iceland, their game v Iceland off today and possibly game off versus Ireland also

What’s Italian for “wash yere hands ye filthy cunts?”

Lads, could anyone explain to me the relevance of these Nations League fixtures against Wales and Finland? Will our group position affect future seeding for qualification groups or what?

You can potentially get a play off for Qatar out of it I think, but that’s a dead duck for us after the opening two games.

1 Like

Yeah the plan is to have the playoffs feature the ten group runners up and the top 2 ranked Nations League group winners (who havent already qualified or reached the playoff). We would have to win our Nations League group to feature, which looks like a tall order given the results so far but it’s not yet impossible.

Them 12 teams (10 group runners up and two Nations League teams) will be divided into 3 brackets of 4. Each will play semi finals and finals to determine the final 3 European spots in Qatar.

This is a much harder tournament to qualify for than the euros, with 11 fewer places available.

1 Like

Weird that the draw hasn’t been made for the World Cup qualifiers yet considering it’s in a few months

Ah that’ll be in December.

I’m sure it’ll be a more mundane affair this year.

Dela threw on a big show for the last one in Dublin a few years back.

1 Like