Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

In a few years, the lads will look back on this drivel and hang their heads. “split centre backs”
Fucks sake.
It’s a tan sport for the tan natured *

*league of Ireland aside.

2 Likes

It’s fascinating to watch though

1 Like

It’s the only true world sport, mate.

It was captivating for a goalless draw alright.

@flattythehurdler, you seem disproportionately addled by any mention of common football terms and tactical formations. Maybe you could go and fuck yourself?

2 Likes

its a global sport

1 Like

Do away goals count on Tuesday if this tie stays goalless after 90 mins?

One for the purists

Yes, one of the positives in playing away in the second leg

1 Like

Only I didnt want to ruin your night I was going to pull you up on the jargon you use last night. Its gas. Especially when it drives you doo lally when its used in other sports.

I hope youre not comparing common football terminology and tactical speak with the horseshit used in rugby that merely describes pushing a guy out of the way?

1 Like

Shove your false 9 up your jaxie pal. Do it ‘early doors’ too

Informative rating.

Murphy did a great job competing for the ball and winning a few frees. How often in the recent past have we seen Long play this role and consistently charge into defenders and give away silly frees over and over again putting more pressure back on us. Murphy put a good shift in last night but used his head and his energy wisely. Slab to start again with Long replacing him at a similar stage to last night.

1 Like

I had a brilliant display last night. Very astute comments throughout and things the less sharp posters wouldn’t notice or understand. Pointing out Clark’s ongoing unreliability with his right footed clearances about 60 seconds before such a clearance very nearly cost us a goal was a particular highlight and really should have commanded more “likes”.

I don’t recall using jargon last night though I wouldn’t say common footballing terms like diamond midfield, pressing higher and so on are jargon per se. I feel @flattythehurdler is needlessly spoiling for an argument fresh from his nasty attack on @Chucks_Nwoko the other morning.

2 Likes

I struggle to recall one effective performance from Long when he has started for Ireland, all of his best displays have been off the bench. Given his lack of goals it would be a poor call to start him

2 Likes

@gilgamboa on the this thread 12/11/17 " Only I didnt want to ruin your night I was going to pull you up on the jargon you use last night. Its gas. "

@gilgamboa on the rugby thread 10/11/17 “Recruitment is a key differentiator”

7 Likes

Just over half the worlds population live in the soccer wastelands of China and India, the two most populous countries in the world. Soccer is also a minority/fringe sport in United States, Indonesia, Pakistan and Bangladesh, the 3rd, 4th, 6th and 8th most populous countries.

1 Like

Ooooft

1 Like

Few bullet points kid I wouldnt have enough interest in soccer to read all that