Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

Post up the full list of appearances and performances for China in the 20 soccer world cups while you’re at it there.

I went home from the pub halfway through the second half, and after checking it was still nil nil, didn’t bother watching the rest. The slaughneil match was on a different planet for entertainment.

Gaelic Football is a very popular sport in Leitrim and Carlow mate, you wouldn’t know it by their records in AI Finals though.

1 Like

It’s two short paragraphs, mate.

uber gael alert

From the outset, there were 96 participants in the 2015 Rugby World Cup from all corners of the planet. A truly global sport.

NOT a sport.

meh, how many teams in the rugby league world cup?

No idea. Don’t pay much heed to rugby league. Thought you would have known that in any case. Aren’t you a big Australian rugby league enthusiast?

I am but i realize that its only played in NZ,OZ,PNG and Britain

Think Ireland played the USA in this tournament yet the game isnt popular in these countries so your argument about 96 countries is a but lame

1 Like

@GeoffreyBoycott telling more lies.

@GeoffreyBoycott, which Chinese rugby player is the leading all time points scorer? Who is their most capped player?

As well as constantly giving away frees, Long has an infuriating habit of not winning frees from clear fouls on him because he doesn’t understand how to compete for a ball in any sort of orthodox manner.

Still expect him to be useful off the bench but it would be reckless to start him.

1 Like

On the giving away of frees, someone needs to have a word with Clark about his roughhousing, can’t be relieving set piece pressure on them easily

1 Like

A shame all the late pressure from the Danes seemed to come down the Irish left late on as Long was crying out to be played in on the right channel on the break. The one time he did get released down there he should have done much better.

I can’t see that happening in the second leg, I don’t think the Danes will be pressing as hard if it’s 0-0 in the last 20 in Dublin.

It’s a difficult one for Ireland to approach, the away leg was going to suit Ireland more and at 0-0 it’s difficult to see which way Ireland will approach it. Ireland being a bit more aggressive suits the Danes more. I don’t get a lot of the commentary about Denmark being very average, they’re a very decent side and very good technically - they can play it out from the back well. Ireland were just very well drilled and would have made most teams look limited that night, it was going to take a bit of magic up front, they have a few handfuls in attack but no real star quality. I think if they go with a more technical player like Fischer out wide along with Sisto then that could cause Ireland more bother as they coped fairly easily with Cornelius the other night.

Reports on social media that Liam Miller is gravely ill.

At the end of the day Tuesday is irrelevant compared to what Miller and his family are going through.

Wtf?

@caoimhaoin you hear anything

Yeah I was reading about him there. He’s in a hospice apparently. Fucking hell.

Absolutely nothing tbh.

This sounds shockingly quick and sudden.

Where was this reported

Just saw it on a couple of Celtic fan twitter sites mate. Nothing whatsoever confirmed

I text the brother, he is same age and they have mutual friends. He should know how real this is

1 Like