Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) šŸ

It simply has to be a 3-5-2 Doherty and Stevens are your only hope of getting some width and with two upfront someone might be able to play off long and swing a leg at a knockdown

1 Like

Was Jody Byrne capped in the 1980s ???

She was.

Was there a Womenā€™s National Team in the 80s. ???

did you see the kid asking Mannus, Celtic or Bohs :grinning:

2 Likes

Connolly is very quick mate.

1 Like

Where are ye lunatics pulling Long from? Id be surprised if he made the squad let alone the starting 11.

1 Like

Hes the only proven goalscorer we have.

I know, its horrifying.

Connolly and Idah join Irelandā€™s growing injury list for World Cup qualifiers https://the42.ie/5379527

Wasnā€™t there an Irish lad at Newcastle only a few years back. Rob Elliot. I think he got a few call ups and played premier league.

Edit. Just checked and heā€™s at Watford now.

Is he getting his game?

Edit: just checked, no.

Ah lads itā€™s beyond a joke now.

i know
but at this stage its either him or Patrick Hoban IMHO
who else do we have?
i think its completly unfair and unprofessional to put Idah up there as he is not remotely ready for senior footballā€¦ parrott is in the exact same bracketā€¦ not ready - just leave them alone in the u-19s/21s
Connolly is having an awful season as wellā€¦
Long is playing and is bundling in the odd goal

do you know something
If we are playing lads like Travers who play in the the 4th division with swindon there is no reason why Eoin Doyle cant get a call
he is singlehandedly carrying bolton to the playoffs and scores in almost every game
we are where we are as the fella says- WCQs are about getting results - you play what you have available

Iā€™d take a bundled goal, would take any goal!

heā€™d never last 90 minutes tho

i heard ( read on twitter) two of the serbs have defected to montenegro
they could be in a right heap altogether

Randolph wasnā€™t starting many club games either.

Is James Collins fit? Iā€™d imagine heā€™ll start

In the LOI as well there is no standout irish keeper
Rogers with Dundalk was an atrocious goalkeepeer, Mannus at Rovers is the best we have seen in LOI last 10 years but is an NI international- Dundalk have now signed an Albanian fella and even teams like Pats have a lad from Liverpool in on loan.
Bazunu was the one and he obviously is gone on to better thingsā€¦again only a kid like Parrott and Idah

Surely Spock gets the boot when Luxembourg beat us