Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) šŸ

Take out the England game and we have lost all our games 1-0. Havent been ripped apart in any other game.

Would you take playing better against Gibraltar over competing well with Serbia, Switzerland, Denmark, etc.?

1 Like

Finland ripped us apart in Dublin.

3 Likes

It was basically a game between both B teams which they were always going to batter us in.

False.

Can we not do both?

We played poorly v Finland at home, agreed but should have beaten Wales at home and deserved something v Wales and Finland away.

They did.

They had a series of 3 v 3s and 2 v 2s in our final third due to the reasons outlined by several of us above.

You have been clamped by stats and facts here mate, I suggest you keep your head down now until 19.45 this evening.

No, I havenā€™t. Youā€™ve posted a stats sheet out of context. You must not have watched the match or else you did and you didnā€™t notice or follow what was going on. Could you bump the match thread from the time please?

Coyne was vastly better than anything we have currently though and had a very decent midfield behind him. His job was to tie up 4 defenders as well.

No surprise you identify with him so.

Bumped for @Watchyourtoes. Thatā€™s an end of game review type post. A scroll back will see a litany of posts from all comers complaining about us being disjointed, loose, open, easy to get at. We were ripped apart. A stat sheet showing 500 passes apiece or whatever doesnā€™t disprove that. I said in an in game post that most of our passing was in our own half when theyā€™d retreated into their defensive shape and we didnā€™t have any penetration.

Dear lord I have you utterly rattled. I expected more of you.

The Finnish got in behind us twice in that game from what I remember once early on when Taylor played it in behind our two centre halves to Pukki who missed when we only had 3 at the back as Stevens was caught up the field and again for their goal Taylor again played it across our area and Stevens was beaten on the far post.

We had a similar chance, Doherty played a ball through to Robinson who should have scored but hit it straight at the keeper.

ā€œRipped us apartā€ was a sensationalist comment from you, cut us open at times was the correct phrase you should have went with. In sporting terminology getting ripped apart was when Germany mauled us 6-1 or from a hurling POV when Limerick ripped Wexford apart by 24 pts in 2014. I hope you learn from this little interaction as it would be a shame to see such an astute poster like yourself go down the lazy journo vocabulary road.

Fine, youā€™re just being a bit of an eejit and engaging in semantics. Funny you went off, read a match report and copied in descriptions of chances though. Now be gone young man!

Also, bar xG, shots on target is the best way of seeing who the better team is in most games and they had 7 vs 4 for us

Canā€™t score if you donā€™t shoot.

Jeff Hendrick was very good at Euro 2016 when he actually showed a bit of ambition to shoot from the edge of the penalty area.

1 Like