Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

The man has a few big islands and landscaping to pay for. He wonā€™t be leaving that job of his own accord.

Next manager needs

Played for Ireland
Can connect with the youngest members of the squad
Have a significant public profile
Demonstrated a deep understanding of the game
A media performer
Loved by the OTB / Second Captain types

Richie Sadlier your time is now

1 Like

Would lee carsley be obtainable or is his stock beyond our reach? Just seen your post Sid.

Heā€™s definitely obtainable. Coaches want to test themselves at senior level. Carsley wonā€™t be given the England senior job because heā€™s too low profile. Heā€™s gone as far as he can with England underage teams. Heā€™s played for Ireland and Ireland have a decent group of young players who have the potential to improve. Itā€™s a senior international job. Some championship clubs might come looking for him but his level of suitors would be your Stokes, Birminghams or Huddersfields. Ireland can compete with that level in terms of attractiveness.

1 Like

Luc Holtz would surely be within our budget.

Sarina Weigmann would be a great choice for all those who love the progressive football we have heard so much about over the last three and a half years

Vera is the answer.
But would the fai do another U-turn?

Duffer.

just have to make sure we donā€™t get Thomas Gravesen

10 Likes

My heart is in Ireland, my lungs are out in Spain
My kidneys are somewhere nearer Sydney.

1 Like

Could Bielsa be tempted? Hector Cuper? Jorge Sampaoli? I think we need a mad South American type to stir us into action

:joy::joy:

Bielsa is managing Uruguay

1 Like

Heā€™s retired Suarez and Cavani as well by the looks of it. Heā€™s a great sort.

1 Like

Surely itā€™s always been robbies dream to manage his country, whatā€™s he at these days?

1 Like

Bielsa me hole. The most overrated manager in history.

I think youā€™ll find thats ferguson.

Heā€™s managing out in Israel

Whoever becomes the new manager can take one massive lesson from Stephen Kenny. Be positive about the players. Simply by doing this he seems to have got the backing of the players despite being fairly clueless and not having an engaging personality. Heā€™s also got more goodwill from the fans who go to the matches and the media than any manager of recent years. Itā€™s the only reason I can think of why he has this goodwill.
So if the next fella can do any of the other things Kenny is bad at but have as his starting point to not use the poor quality of the players as a default excuse he has a chance

1 Like

Serious take again from Cunningham, how does he do it?

eh, trap & Oā€™Neil spoke with reality & we beat the best teams in the world with them in charge

4 Likes