Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

Canham & Johnny Hill in situ for the press conference along with the communications person who was hired despite Cathal Dervan already being in the role. Dervan is still mooching around somewhere in the organisation.

Dervan and Alan Milton seem to have had similar career trajectories, Hackie Cahill too. The other coincidence here is that they are all cunts

Dervan is some yoke.

Fair play to Hill for coming over instead of zooming it in.

Hill confirns Kenny will remain in charge for the final 3 qualifiers & a friendly against New Zealand, which will take us up to the end of the international calendar for 2023. There’ll be a Pauw-style review where they’ll speak to STAKEHOLDERS & decide on Kenny’s future after that.

We are taking the cheap option says Johnny.

Foolish. They’ll have to keep him for the playoffs then if we somehow make them

There’ll be plenty of graphs and stats and conversion rate analysis etc

We’re not making the playoffs. Not a concern.

4 Likes

We could fluke the nations league ones

Yeah and we’ll need a pragmatic lad in charge, not some eejit counting debuts

John O’Shea was doing one of the UEFA draws the other week. He seems to be following the Packie Bonner route of ingratiating himself with the blazers.

Is this Marc Canham fella anything to Scotty Canham of “well 'e definitely wasn’t good enough” fame?

They are brothers.

1 Like

He’s really a lame duck manager now.

I’d imagine attendances at the home fixture v Greece will be desperate.

this brings him up to the end of his contract?

They were never going to pay him off, they haven’t a pot to piss in

It will cost the FAI money in the long run not to get rid of him. 10k tickets X 50 is Spock’s salary for the year. Give it Keano and you’ll sell out

2 Likes

Minuscule chance I believe (from reading Dan McDonnell’s tweet on it yesterday). Somewhere around the 12% mark.

Seems like a missed opportunity of a shot to nothing on him duffer, O’Shea or someone else.

1 Like

If no other reason than to get the team a fucking sponsor

1 Like

I’m pivoting my position on Chris Wilder and instead throwing my weight behind Big Mick to return.

He has made Irish Football great before, and he will do so again.