Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

It’s a grand job at the moment as they’ve been underachievers for the last good few years now. You can combat the midfield thing by throwing a few of the more athletic centre halfs in there anyway. Cullen and Molumby have some craft but not to the extent the athleticism deficit can be bridged. You need a monster in there with Cullen, two really.

Obamidele is probably the man, was excellent for Forest last night against Izak and he can play there.

It’s like Declan Rice, he hasn’t been a centre half by trade in a long time but is still a much better centrehalf than most Premier League lads who play there.

Ireland needs to pick young athletic players. I think the dentist is quite astute and alluded to this with his bastard comments. He better not pick fucking Molumby and Cullen now

Cullen is injured anyway.

Molumby is probably falls under the definition of bastard tbf, a niggly fucker.

How do you know he can? I can’t recall him ever playing there.

I could see him going 4-4-2 and find out about a few fellas rather than hiding flaws in a more convoluted system. Three at the back has been on the go a while and while the manager wasn’t up to it, it hasn’t looked like it has suited. I’d like to see a 4-4-2 the way Simeone does it, sit deep and be compact, but then press very aggressively on certain triggers.

He has played there for Norwich I’m nearly sure. There was some debate there about whether that was his position starting out. He came on closed off a few games for them there in one of the promotion seasons I think I remember.

It’s like Adam Hogan, he hasn’t played intercounty midfield, but has the physical attributes to do it and would be better than most of he started tomorrow doing it. Cullen and Molumby literally can’t close down opponents quick enough, it’s not want of effort, their legs just can’t carry them there. That’s why they conceded so many around the 18 yard box under Kenny.

They’re probably marginally better than Obamidele on the ball, but you are losing too much defensively and trying to regain the ball with them. They can’t follow up a press, can’t cope in transition. Obamidele athletically can, if he has some notion of where he needs to be. Kompany is an expansive manager, but Cullen never got a sniff of a game last season as he knew he wouldn’t cope. Pity as he is a nice player but Championship is his level, a bit like that Barry Bannon fella with Scotland and Sheffield Wed

I’d go with Dara O’Shea at left back, he is very quick and will be good in the duels. I don’t want to see O’Dowda get run over back there, or Comrade McClean.

There’s a lad playing Villa Rogers who Carsley rates from the underage. Watching him against Arsenal, he is a tank and can dribble a bit like YaYa Toure.

Say be something like this if 4-4-2

Kelleher

Coleman
Collins
O’Shea/O’Brien
O’Dowda/Brady

Ogbene
Omobamidele
Smallbone
Szmodics

Idah
Parrott

Can throw on the likes of Ferguson, McAteer, Molumby and O’Brien. I really like the latter he is still very raw but offers a very strong set piece threat. We have no choice but to use Collins or Omobamidele as a defensive midfielders.

1 Like

Good team

Who is Kasey McAteer’s mother?
I want to see if Kasey’s mom has got it going on…

2 Likes

A 4-2-4 with a centre back as one of the midfield players.

Are you on glue?

1 Like

Carsley pick Jacker? He’s a proper hun cunt.

The two lads would play as orthodox right and left sided midfielders and Parrot would drop in to make up numbers on midfield.

Smozdicks has played from the left in a 4, so has Ogbene so they should get up and down, could play Smozdicks as a ten instead and take out Parrot.

Smallbone has looked okay in a midfield with Cullen or Molumby, imagine he’ll look better partnering someone with Premier League Athleticism

Off the ball, it would look more like this

Smallbone Obamidele

Ogbene. Troy marking the 6. Smozdicks

Idah 

Idah going to the CB who is better on the ball and letting the weaker lad have it to hopefully mess up

Can’t format it, but twill look more like a 4-2-3-1 out of possession and a 4-2-4 in possession hopefully!

Leave him worry about Celtics starting eleven against Irn Bru athletic the weekend.

2 Likes

Liverpool have turned down a bid from Nottingham forest for Kelleher apparently.

What a wanker of a club they are.

1 Like

They have no cover. Why didn’t Forest come earlier in the window?

Forest offered them 15 million earlier this year, they are off their fuckin heads looking for 30+. They signed the Georgian keeper and let him off back to Valencia happy out to keep Paddy hostage on the bench or roll him out for the Milk cup.

They hate the Irish in Liverpool

1 Like

Sell him with no cover?

Hold on a second it was their choice to loan the Georgian back out, let him sit on his fuckin hole and play Mickey mouse cup games.

1 Like