Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

If we had dela weā€™d have Conte in charge but unfortunately we canā€™t have nice things in Ireland anymore

1 Like

Fellas ridiculed the likes of Whelan and Andrews when they were there and look at us now, we werenā€™t conceding 14 goals outside the box in four years when those lads were playing.

4 Likes

Just looking at the team from 09 v Paris. Liam Lawrence was useless and we still put it up to the French.

Brian Kerr always said it about Whelan, ā€˜he fills the spaceā€™.

1 Like

IMG_8930

Thatā€™s it, the ā€œlittle detailsā€ as Trap said, the fucking basics of the game to close down an opposition player in possession in a dangerous area we canā€™t do that, set pieces we were deadly from them now you would be content if the ball stayed in play from a delivery.

2 Likes

How are you so adamant about that?

I agree with @Watchyourtoes about this being awful optics. The line of questioning about club match attendance probably came from the segment with Kerr & Whelan on Virgin Mediaā€™s highlights show the other night. Kerr was impassioned & saying the new man needs to stop hiding behind Oā€™Shea & McCarthy now & get to as many matches as possible every week so he can make his own mind up on the eligible players. Instead heā€™s going to be sitting in a cafe on Monday morning logging into Stats Bomb to see how many packed passes Will Smallbone made on the previous Saturday. I backed this appointment but Iā€™m wavering now.

1 Like

Heā€™s lost TFK, and nobody has ever lost TFK, and won it back.

3 Likes

Smallbone doesnā€™t play enough backwards and sideways passes, the cunt tries for the silver bullet every time and worse he canā€™t run to get it back!

@Mac ?

You have to try and be positive anyway.

Or lost TFK as quick. 2 games

1 Like

Just the FIVE (5) goals for Troy the Boy this evening

1 Like

4, I think?

1 Like

4 actually. Livescore had him down for 5 when I posted. Playing a team of duds by the looks of it. Finished 9-1

Heerenveen finished mid-table last season. Probably one of those freak results; still, canā€™t do him any harm.

He scored them for Jaws Byrne

2 Likes

The duds are managed by Robin Van Persie apparently?

https://x.com/VurigeVlaar/status/1835064415227429063?s=19