Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

The mood around the Ireland team under Kenny is a bit like a McDonagh Cup hurling team.

A couple of half decent wins against sub-standard opposition leads to inflated optimism and even statements of ā€œthereā€™s some good work going on thereā€.

Then a couple of 31 point defeats and itā€™s back to reality.

1 Like

Nothing said about John Egan giving a needless foul away for the free kick in the lead up to the goal. Another lad who needs to be put out to pasture.

Mild head injury?

Iā€™d nearly say a win or a late 1-1 win against the Scots would change the MM again but Iā€™d say the Armenia game means heā€™s a dead man walking now. You canā€™t one all draw your way out of that one.

1 Like

They need to commit long term to Spock. Itā€™s for the best.

Muhahahahahaha

3 Likes

I was blaming Kelleher but watching it back here Egan and Duffy were woeful for the goal.

Did I read correctly there that itā€™s 24 matches combined now between Eire and Ireland without a win in this Nations Cup thing.

Maybe the soccer crowd need to bury their partitionist/sectarian mindset and go with just the one international team to represent the whole island.

You expect to win a World Cup with Declan Rice in Midfield :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Paddy sneering at the England national team.

Iā€™ve heard it all. You just focus now on Armenia and Azerbaijan.

I think if you at all plan on keeping your manager, which was definitely the case after November, you have to back him.

Had Kenny not got a contract, the matches since then would basically have been a re-application for the job process with the strong expectation that unless he pulled something big out of the bag he was not getting another one.

I donā€™t think you can or should do that because the whole atmosphere around the team suddenly becomes poison, players expect the manager to get sacked and play to get him sacked, and the whole thing becomes a wasted period because of fuckacting by the FAI.

Now it strongly looks like itā€™s going to be a wasted period anyway because barring a miracle turn around it looks like heā€™s just not up to it, but thatā€™s football.

If the FAI really thought he wasnā€™t up to the job they should have just sacked him last November.

10 men behind the ball. Caveman football. England are the laughing stock. Cowards.

(Nagor)No Kenny Back

Well that was a bit shit.

The full/wing backs arent up to it. Doherty and Coleman would be a big upgrade particularly Doherty. Not sure Cullen is up to it and Iā€™m losing faith in Robinson too.

If weā€™d a proper holding midfielder we wouldnā€™t need 3 centre halves. Cullen doesnā€™t demand the ball nor break up the opposition attacks enough.

Hendrick/Egan,/Duffy/Browne/McClean are what they are.

Knight and Collins have a bit about them alright but how the fuck does Parrott go from starting on Saturday to being an unused sub tonight?

Anyway i have 4x tickets for Saturday free to a good home if anyone wants to throw some abuse at Andy Robertson and friends.

2 Likes

Steo reckoned we played longer than he would have liked tonight. For a split second I thought he was referring to the timing and I was puzzled as to why he wouldnā€™t want more injury time when trailing. Of course he was referring to the long ball tactics but as with most things in his interviews it could be interpreted in any way and he didnā€™t portray himself very well.

We cant switch the play either.

Every time we try spread it wide its a shit pass thatā€™s miscontrolled and goes out for a throw in.

Anyone sensing a subtle shift after that tonight with likes of Sadlier, the Indo football fella McDonnell and 42 football fella Cooney being slower to defend Spock and even taking him to task in a small way?

1 Like

I listened to the last 10 mins of it on Newstalk. Whoever the commentator was, was not following the supposed OTB peddled on here. He didnā€™t hold back very much and openly mocked the POTM selection.

Time to go Mr Kenny

To be fair, you can question the fitness of the Irish players.
But, the fuckwit tried to insinuate that the Ukrainians were fitter after playing 2 games in 10 days.

Most of tonightā€™s Ukrainian team have been on Training camp for past 2 months and were not involved in previous 2 games.

Oā€™Donoghue should just fuck off for himself and stick to LOI at this stage.