Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

1[quote=“Big_Dan_Campbell, post:918, topic:35575, full:true”]
Who started up front with Collins against Switzerland the same week Obafemi was riding the bench for the 21s?

It was a 19 year old Aaron Connolly which makes your point utterly redundant
[/quote]

After Mick left Connolly on the bench for 80 minutes v Georgia the previous Saturday in a must win game. Dont think we created a chance v Switzerland either yet you still pine for dinosaur ball with Mick. Move with the times.

Switzerland are a tough team to play against, 10 clean sheets in their last two qualifying campaigns as they topped both groups along with knocking France out of the Euros in that span.

I’d take being second best away to them than being second best and unable to create chances as we lose at home to Luxembourg.

Going back to Luxembourg, clutching at straws. Nothing about the brilliant performance against Scotland. A Scotland side who drew with England at Wembley.

He could go back to Armenia a week ago instead if you want? Playing well once in three games won’t do much for us if we’re trying to qualify for a tournament. Lets see how Tuesday and the games after that pan out before getting carried away

1 Like

You brought up a game from 2019 you ham

2 Likes

Doherty, Bazanu and Omobamidele to come back after injury. Smallbone and Ebosele pushing for a place in next 12 months. The future is bright. All the begruders who want cave man football will be very quiet.

Doherty :joy:

Yeah, excellent player.

Ah stop, you’d drop a player for that fraud :sweat_smile:

Jimmy Dunne called up.

Duffy (suspended) and Egan (family reasons) unavailable for Tuesday night.

Leinehen should get a run

Is he related to Pecker Dunne? cc @anon67715551

Jimmy is from Dundalk I think. Pecker Dunne’s daughter won Miss Kilkenny back around 2013 didn’t she?

I have to pass on that one I’m afraid. Pecker was a decent oul’ trooper all the same. RIP.

2 Likes

I know of 3 Dunnes not related to each other who were born in the 60s who were given the nickname Pecker.

1 Like

Imagine if Mick was still in charge. Randolph in goals, Keogh centre half, Whelan midfield, Collins up front. Fair play to John Delaney. Genius only giving Mick one campaign.

Lads, will someone have a bite there and make his morning?

I dont think Laois has ever produced a semi decent soccer player so no surprise it would go over your head.

The gog would dispute this

Imagine if Ireland had lost 3-0 on Saturday, this thread would have hundreds of posts. Ireland win 3-0 and barely a peep. The Kenny haters are silenced. Very sad when they hope Ireland lose to suit their agenda.