Irish soccerball nil - That boy Jinky will save us (Part 2)

Think you need to give hendrick a bit of credit. Played a super ball through for parrott, took another on hos chest going away from goal and volleyed in a good cross. Not game changing but adding to our attack. Hourihane was lazy, greedy and poor. The one where he had acres of space to drive into but decided to hit it from 30 yards and just swung a lazy leg at it. No tiredness involved.

Badly need a left back. I presume Doherty will play there in September. Difficult decision for Kenny regarding Duffy and Coleman. I wouldnt start either.

I quite like the rapport between Given and Doyle.

2 Likes

Given very positive. Great to see.

Didn’t see it but heard the commentary team on 2FM say Hendrick was under pressure for his place in the team now so assumed he was one of the players coming on. Good to hear he made a positive contribution today. A player who looked like was going to become a mainstay of our midfield after Euro 2016 but never kicked on.

The fucking state of Kevin Doyle.

Wexford’s Kevin Doyle

1 Like

We want Steos interview!

What’s the story with Robbie Brady? I see he’s on the books at Bournemouth now. Any chance he could take over McClean’s role at left wing back and release Doherty to the right? Or is he a permanent sicknote at this stage?

Zero chance of winning this group now. That happens when you drop 8 of your first 12 points.

1 Like

He’s actually back cutting hair in the brothers barbers in Baldoyle

7 Likes

Peter Collins talking up Ogbene as a Premier League target. I don’t think so somehow. I’d have thought a Stephen Hunt style impact sub role will be his lot going forward.

1 Like

Steo should have gone full Buff Egan 2017 on that person who blow the horn there.

Think Buff lost the head with that Limerick after an U21 semi-final victory over Galway.

Tears in Steo’s eyes here. This means a lot to him. Hopefully he succeeds.

Good interview from the gaffer.

Anyone think Steo was frustrated?

I also thought Knight was good again. Time for everyone to pick their preferred starting lineups, as if we were Limerick hurling supporters in 2016.

1 Like

Two years til we’re the best team in the world so.

Baz
Coleman Collins Egan
Doherty knight Cullen molumphy Stevens
Obafemi parrott

Goalie, id take either Kelleher or Bazunu. Back 3 of Omobamidele, Collins and Egan. Wing backs Festy if he hits the ground running at Udinese and Doherty. Midfield 3 of Cullen, Knight and Smallbone. Front 2 of Parrott and Obafemi. Chances of that team are zero.