Irish Travellers - A Proud Ethnic Group

Like Darren Gleeson? Or your man that robbed the Waterford county board? Sorry, I should have said exclusive to travellers only and not the general public.

Maybe they have a bit of traveller in them from the pre famine times and have carried the ā€˜traditionsā€™ with them

Who mentioned anything about travellers in the pre-Famine? My post referenced settled people from that periodā€¦ Unless you know more? Lads like you are gas, youā€™ll accept white collar crime as a part of life but would castigate travellers in quick timeā€¦ Itā€™s the English in you.

2 Likes

Who said I accept white collar crime?

Lots of assumptions and who-saiding going on here, calm down lads

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/24-hours-in-police-custody/on-demand/61751-011

Great episode about travelers

@ChocolateMice did.

Travellers should be excused of their robbing and thuggery and terrorising old folks, as there is some white collar crime going on. Seems to be the crux/whataboutery of @ChocolateMice argument.

Oh and they have some good old time stories, donā€™t forget that.

1 Like

I never said any of that, but carry on.

Bizarre post considering your own background.
Darren Gleeson is before the courts what more do you want.

1 Like

Did I ask for anything more, mate? I was merely looking for clarity on what Raymondo meant when he said ā€˜Robbing and fucking people over.ā€™

Heā€™s one off a Nice Post. Is that enough clarity for you?

2 Likes

Look at the wankers who liked it :joy:

And imagine that - getting a few likes for calling travellers thieves

Chucks

Any one I speak to from Monaghan generally speaks well of the travellers in the area . What are your views ?

You werenā€™t, you were engaging in Whataboutery.

1 Like

:joy:

Says the biggest spoofer on the board - every post you make is utter horseshit.

1 Like

Weā€™d have a different breed of traveller around my parts. Mostly settled, and without the chip on their shoulder the tinkers down the country would have. Iā€™ve fond (?) memories of them landing up on the street looking to replace the gates on the land for us. The oul fella was always fit for them and would always end up floggin them an oul micra or some other shitheap lying about.

I did have one unsavoury incident with them when I had to overtake a game of road bowls near Threemilehouse on my way to match in Clones. A couple of them stood in front of the car while a third game me a stern talking to on having a bit of respect. Completely my fault to be fair.

3 Likes

More Whataboutery.

Youā€™re fighting a very narrow furrow here pal, a lot of racists on this site.

2 Likes

Iā€™m neither defending or attacking travellersā€¦ Iā€™m well aware of the problems within their communityā€¦ I was just making the point that the settled community are just as bad, if not worse.

1 Like