Irish Travellers - A Proud Ethnic Group

90 odd pints in a standard keg I think when you account for the run off at the start

50 litres in a barrel

They don’t pay for it up front. What happens is they all try to out do each other in calling rounds but leave about 1/3 of the drink in each pint before moving onto the next. They claim that’s where the hangover is.

2 Likes

84 pints in a keg

:smile:

A publican’s dream.

1 Like

These criminals get a triage clinic while the rest of us get 14 hour waits in A&E. Thats what culture gets you.

2 Likes

87 pints in a keg

2 Likes

Jesus wept. Dopey bastards. :grin::grin:

Ah here, what sort of godhelpus would believe someone would pay for a barrel up front :smile:

1 Like

They spend all around them when they return home for the few weeks.

They beat a path between Bulgaden (the only place that’ll let them in for weddings) and Rathkeale on an almost daily basis. They love the Chinese takeaway in our place too for some reason. :smile:

Heard last year that the trade one small newsagent in the town gets from them over Christmas keeps his business open for the year.

No matter how many Guards are deployed they’ll still park on double yellow lines and stop their van/high powered sports car in the middle of traffic for a chat with someone out the window.

1 Like

The rathkeale travellers have some aul pisog about finishing a pint ; they generally leave at least 25 % behind .

That does also sort of happen I believe in Davy Mann’s in the function room. They’d give him €100 and he throws out a slab of some Heineken or Bud and no man could seen not to be buying his slab.

As I told you above, the hangover is at the bottom. If you don’t finish the pint you’ll be grand.

1 Like

There’s the latest TFK fad there anyway

1 Like

Everyone knows that.

Is it the middle third that brings out the slash hooks?

5 Likes

All the bad chemicals settle at the bottom of the pint and the good ones rise to the top. Sure it’s basic chemistry. You’re at nothing if you finish your pint. It’s the bottom third that gives cancer too.

https://youtu.be/-91i65cP3FA

Ireland, 2018

Intriguing dialect…

2 Likes