Is gender dysphoria treatable by surgery?

Sure, mate. :laughing:

1 Like

Fine Gael are considerably to the right of me on social issues.

I’m merely observing that they have a more liberal social wing than Fianna Fail (which is probably the main, or only difference between them), and are clearly the party in Ireland that best fits your overall political viewpoint.

Given you have arch-blueshirt @Tim_Riggins hanging on your every word, that’s a slam dunk.

Aren’t you already one?

if all you fucking looney left weirdos are campaigning to allow these ‘transgenders’ the right to get their bollox removed, then will you return to the campaign trail when they inevitably want them stitched back on again?

1 Like

if they want to be a woman, let them put on a dress and walk around the place to keep them happy, look at the freak Frank Maloney or what ever he calls himself, tried topping himself a load of times, then decided he wanted to be a woman, the guy is deranged and should be locked up in mental institution to have his head examined

2 Likes

IIt’s not an oxymoron. The example I gave was tongue in cheek but clearly went above your head. Let me give you two examples to make it clearer for you:

Abortion rights. Many advocates for abortion rights claim a woman has a right to bodily integrity that supercedes any rights a developing fetus has. This would include for example terminating a late stage pregnancy after the point of viability has passed, based on the fact the woman does not want a child ( at that stage the fetus could be delivered alive and survive but the choice is to terminate it). There are many clinics in the US and elsewhere that perform late stage abortions under the guise of “psychological damage” if the woman were to give birth to a live baby. There is also evidence that many clinics perform infanticide if the fetus is delivered alive. That (in my opinion) is an extreme liberal social position.

On economic issues regarding people who work their ass off and gain financial wealth because of it are somehow a problem. This is where Sanders is way off base with his “millionaires and billionaires” comment. The average fucking plumber in the US is probably worth a million and most small business owners would be worth several million. Considering these people hire most of the labor pool and pay their taxes how the fuck can they be regarded as a problem, other than by morons who think everyone should be paid the same, whether sitting in their arse on the dole or working 80 hours a week to build a business that employs people. That’s an example of an extreme economic liberal position.

Anything else? As an aside I couldn’t give a fuck whether anyone agrees or disagrees with my opinions.

3 Likes

keep clamping these gimps, I’m loving it

1 Like

Indeed, people generally find it frustrating debating with me because I’m good at it and tend to outpoint them comfortably.

If you’re concerned about results and progress, you wouldn’t be championing Professor McHugh, who I’ve shown is influenced to an unhealthy level by his religious views and ironically has shown that exact inability to admit defeat that you so claim to dislike.

Meanwhile, in the real world, gender dysphoria has been recognised as a medical condition rather than a mental illness and a growing, if still small, number of studies back up my point of view rather than yours and those of Professor McHugh, who is coming from a starting point which provides very little, if any constructive analysis to the debate and largely perpetuates the stigmatisation of transgender people.

You’re some man for throwing up straw men and knocking them down all the same.

Couldn’t be bothered reading this thread back…as the name of it alone is in poor taste to be honest.

I don’t know any transsexuals but I’m pretty certain it must be extremely tough time growing up for them in that situation…the cheap laughs at their expense on here is unwarranted.

These people are still human at the end of the day…and for an Irish person born say as a transsexual to read should they be allowed in Ireland" is a bit fucking much.

You’d say something if there was pattern between transsexuals and criminality but I haven’t heard or seen that and in comparison to the gay lobby I’d imagine they are 1% of the 1%.

Don’t understand why it’s seen as an issue at all given the numbers involved or the need for a thread on same.

1 Like

Christ it’s hard to believe this is the fella we destroyed over in the ravenous thread that time, we gave him an almercifull hiding over there about something or other. He has seriously upped his game now and it mugging these weirdos off left right and centre.
I think someone said he is off the drink again too.

1 Like

This is where all of your debates end up Sid.

2 Likes

Myself and Lebane disagree on probably the majority of topics.

I’m certainly no Blueshirt, I may have voted for them but they are too centrist and were simply the best of the bunch. The sad fact is that we lost the argument on the welfare state in this country and with the continued efforts to undermine our traditions and the family unit, we will continue to see the underclass in society grow. FG are tax and spend, like the rest of them. The only difference is to what degree.

1 Like

Whatever the thread and peoples views @anon7035031 has highlighted some very serious points with regard to slavery and the hypocrisy of life…Fair play bud.

2 Likes

Transgender is a mental illness. FOAD.

1 Like

In fairness to Maloney, at least he went private and didn’t spend the public purse.

The NHS, however, saw fit to give it a massive bit of promotion;

Far from undermining any of “your traditions” (whatever they are, and it doesn’t affect them in any way at all, presuming you’re a straight male), the marriage referendum strengthens the family unit.

In fact David Cameron put out an excellent conservative viewpoint case for gay marriage. “Conservatives believe in the ties that bind us. Society is stronger when we make vows to each other and we support each other. I don’t support gay marriage in spite of being a conservative. I support gay marriage because I am a conservative.”

I already told you, I was favour of the same sex referendum.

I believe our welfare system, which allows people to basically marry the state to support a child has eroded the family. The statistics are stark in the US, a few years ago the OECD has reported that 72% of blacks grow up in single parent homes. That is up from 25% in the early 1960s when guess what came in- the “war on poverty”. Ireland was the second highest country in the OECD with kids growing up in single parent homes, at nearly 25%. That is a sensational figure given our highly Catholic history. I have no doubt that those figures are inflated with layabout fathers pretending they don’t live with their other half so they can claim the single parent allowance but the numbers are there. We have a system which makes it pay to have children out of a relationship.

You aren’t allowed to discuss these things as it hurts people’s feelings and it has been declared that the working people must pay for this.

We can add straw man to the list of phrases you don’t understand. You asked what an extreme liberal was, I gave examples. A straw man argument is something entirely different, for examples read @Sidney 's posts, he is the master of straw manning.

No shit?
I would have thought FF historically were more socially liberal than FG and FG have recently moved to join them, which ultimately means they will have to merge or move apart again. Both have pandered equally to the bead twirling demented.