Is gender dysphoria treatable by surgery?

I don’t either - just wondering how cultural values come into play - In the west we have rigid ideals of what children should be and do - it’s not the same in other societies and I just wondered how the figures compared.

Aren’t you the lad who uses the line along the lines of “your comprehension skills are lacking” on a regular basis? Someone so good at comprehension should be able to read and understand what I said and respond to that, rather than respond to what you impute that I said.

You are making the mistake of making up things and replying to them, again.

OK, what does his views are “just controversial” mean? According to whom? We know according to you, but who else?

3 Likes

bumped for the bigots to answer

There’s a difference between “controversial” and “controversial to everyone”. You get that right? You of the much touted comprehension skills?

Looks like more trouble for your guys

My comprehension skills are fine. You refuted the statement that McHugh’s views were controversial to extreme liberals, by stating they were just controversial. That’s your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but who are you assigning this statement to? Do you think they are controversial to Psychiatrists who agree with him? I doubt they are as they are generally guided by science and the science says benefits of surgery have not been established. In fact what is truly controversial is people claiming clinical benefits of the surgery with no scientific evidence to back it up.

1 Like

arrests mean nothing mate, its convictions that matter

answer the question please

Do they not float once they hit the water?

Now you’re just making things up and tying yourself in knots. I’m out.

Are there any moderates on the left or are they all extreme/loony types?

I’m a moderate on the left on social issues, so a sample of one. I think most people that would identify as liberal on social issues are moderates. The nutters on the fringes are a small but very loud minority. Same on the opposite side. Maybe @Sidney who has so much time on his hands can develop a questionnaire to separate out the nutters and they can be herded into opposite corners of TFK.

It’s actually a very good point. I know in Fiji, for some reason, traditionally cross-dressing has been acceptable for generations. It would be interesting to see if those individuals now wanted surgery, or are happy as they are, given that it’s socially acceptable. @Sidney , do a bit of digging there. I have to cut the lawn.

1 Like

:-)))

What’s that supposed to mean. We share common ground on every topic. Bastions of common sense

he is being groomed

Don’t be bringing logic into it…

I found the last line funny, in your traditional way, in the midst of the highbrow debating, which I also enjoyed reading.

1 Like

Does anyone at all know exactly what is the medical criteria used to determine that yerman Frank Maloney has anything at all wrong with him that might require medical intervention?

Surely the loudmouth looney left will have the answer to this one as they seem to have the answer for just about everything else.

The left never have answers. They just whinge and squeal a lot. In a totally non judgmental way.

2 Likes